Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Offline tankme

• View Profile
  • Austin, TX
Reading stick channels 1-4 but not switches
« on: December 21, 2017, 12:59:46 AM »
Hey folks,

Finally have some time to play with the TCB and my new radio and ran into a problem.  I watched the radio setup video on Youtube.  I'm using a Taranis Q X7 radio with a X6R receiver.  Radio is set to internal module D16 Channels 1-16.  I upgraded the OP software (0.92.14) to the latest level and the TCB to the latest firmware (0.92.15) tonight.  I have bound the receiver to my radio.  Verified that works because when I turn off the radio the receiver goes red.  Turn it back on and it goes green.  I have the receiver connected to the lower SBUS port on the TCB.  Brown ground wire is closet to the edge of the board.  I can connect to the TCB via the OP software and read from the TCB just fine.  I go into the radio tab to set up the radio.  I clicked on read radio and the display shows the min/max pulse information.  I can successfully read the pulse info from both the sticks (channels 1-4) with no issues.  I even re-assigned the channels to get the driving on one stick and the turret functions on the other.  The issues comes in when I try to get the switches to register.  No matter which switch or analog pot I try, no pulse registering is happening. The main screen of the Taranis is set to show me when a switch moves.  All of that works as it should.  So the radio is registering the switch moving, but the board isn't. I have two TCBs.  Both are doing the same thing so I don't think it's the TCBs. Wondering if it's something in the radio setup.  It is running the standard OpenTX software.  Any ideas?

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
Re: Reading stick channels 1-4 but not switches
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 01:13:12 AM »
I agree this is not a TCB issue. If it can read your sticks, there is no problem in reading any of the other channels - it would seem they are simply not being passed along.

What firmware are you using in your QX7? I am mostly familiar with Er9x and Ersky9x and I have not used OpenTX, but if it is anything like what I am used to you need to actually go in to the menus (Mixer menu in Er9x) and assign those extra controls to specific channels on your transmitter before they are included in the data stream.

NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline tankme

• View Profile
  • Austin, TX
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 01:22:38 AM »
I'm an idiot... :)  Well it seems that even though I assigned the switches in the Input screen, it seems you have to also assign them to a function in the Mixer screen on the X7.  Never used OpenTX so this is a learning curve all around...

It's working now.

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 01:26:13 AM »
Great! Sometimes it is quite the learning challenge to figure out the firmware on these new-fangled transmitters. They are incredibly powerful but often even simple things that on older radios would have been the default now require some kind of explicit user setup to enable. I really doubt you're an idiot!  ;D

NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs