Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Offline Double-J

• View Profile
  • California
Heng Long 2.4 GHz Radio
« on: July 05, 2017, 03:14:27 PM »
Will the Heng Long 2.4 GHz receiver work with the TCB?  I know it needs to be capable of sending a PPM, SBus, or iBus signal, however I’m not able to figure out what protocol it uses.  Thanks!

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
Re: Heng Long 2.4 GHz Radio
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 05:17:20 PM »
Unless there is some new Heng Long board out there I don't know about, no it will not be compatible with the TCB. The 2.4 GHz Heng Long (and Taigen) boards that I've seen all incorporate the receiver into the larger multi-function unit. Even if you could somehow hack the board to get at the receiver signal they almost certainly do not use PPM, SBus, or iBus. In fact they probably don't use anything standard at all, from what I know about the way they do things.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline Double-J

• View Profile
  • California
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 10:32:53 PM »
Thank you for the quick response. I can't wait for the TCB to be released! Looks like I'll be getting a new Turnigy radio!

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 12:54:25 PM »
If you haven't already, be sure to check out the Radio Selection Guide in the Wiki.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline Double-J

• View Profile
  • California
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 02:34:58 PM »
If you haven't already, be sure to check out the Radio Selection Guide in the Wiki.
Thank you.  Yes, I have done that.  I will be getting the Turnigy 9XR.