Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
Re: Wiring an amp to the OP soundcard.
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2019, 04:36:17 PM »
Obviously I've never bought from them so I have no idea, but you can try and find out.

I mentioned to you earlier the PJRC Official Distributor List, there are multiple sellers in Germany on that list as well as others elsewhere in the EU. I don't know why you wouldn't just use one of those but as we say in America, it's a free country and you can do what you want.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline Rad_Schuhart

• View Profile
  • Graz, Austria.
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2019, 03:39:08 AM »
Obviously I've never bought from them so I have no idea, but you can try and find out.

I mentioned to you earlier the PJRC Official Distributor List, there are multiple sellers in Germany on that list as well as others elsewhere in the EU. I don't know why you wouldn't just use one of those but as we say in America, it's a free country and you can do what you want.

Well, I did check that link. The two austrian links were not working, so I entered in their homepage, and the fist shop has them out of stock, and in the second are not found.

Then I checked some of the links in germany and it seems they have it, so I will order it from there. Thanks for your assistance!

Offline Rad_Schuhart

• View Profile
  • Graz, Austria.
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2019, 01:53:13 PM »
Well, time to update. I ordered the Teensy in a strange website which did not inspire me a lot of confidence, but it was in Germany, cheap and with free shipping, so I played the cheapman role again and I ordered it.

It took two days to arrive. I came with no box. Just a plastic envelope and a Teensy paper that explains the pins... I did not know if I got a counterfeit board or a counterfeit of a counterfeit. What I knew is the pirate version came with a nice box and this came with nothing.

I inspected it, connected it to the open panzer software and flashed the newest firmware with no problems at all. But I can do that in my damaged board too, so it did not say a lot.

Then I grabbed some pins and I did a dry fit... It did not work and I started sweating... If I solder the pins, I lose the guarantee and I cannot return it in case of a counterfeit... I tried several things more and well, I had to pull the plunge and to solder the pins on it.

Fairly easy job that I did with very afraid of messing it, droping a solder iron blob over the microprocessor or things like that... Surprisingly it went smooth and nice.

I started the tank, and no sound. I flashed the soundcard firmware again, and no dice. I connected the TCB and I got a promp saying I had to update it. I did it, and after that nothing worked. I paniked and I thought I damaged something, so I tried installing and uninstalling things until I realized all I had to do is to flash my own config in the board again, lol.

Ok, the tank was working again, but still no sound. I tried everything and I cursed myself for not ordering the teensy board with the pins already soldered for 2 extra euros. The cheapman's curse, for ordering in strange sites and saving pennies ordering with no pins, lol. I also thought the other part of the OP soundcard was damaged.

I read the wiki, I flashed and unflashed everything again, and then... Well, it embarrases me, but it might make you laugh. Then I saw it. The speaker. It was just not plugged in.

For God's sake, how could I have missed that? It brought me to desperation, pretty much like when I could not shoot the cannon because of the repair switch, lol.

But yeah, the thing is the board works, I have sound and everything is as expected. I liked more the purple color in the soundcard, but now I have a story to tell. :)

Pfew!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 03:00:37 AM by Rad_Schuhart »

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2019, 02:44:39 PM »
I'm glad you got it working again! It's always the simple things which trip us up.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs