OPEN PANZER Wiki
Here you will find everything you need to know about Open Panzer products:
- TCB (Tank Control Board) – a highly capable circuit board designed specifically for RC model tanks, but also suitable for halftracks, cars, and other RC models and robotics. It is available for purchase through HobbyKing.
- OP Config – the unusual name we have given to the free software that runs in Windows (sorry, no Mac/Unix at this time) and is used to configure the many options on the TCB and simplify firmware updates. To run OP Config you will need a Windows computer and a screen with a vertical resolution of at least 800 pixels.
Navigating the Wiki
This Wiki is divided into sections:
- TCB Operation - a high-level overview of some basic concepts, like how to drive, IR battle, what are Functions and Triggers, etc…
- TCB Installation - In this section we devote a full page to every possible device the TCB can control or that you might want to install in your tank: from airsoft, mechanical or servo recoil, smokers, sound units, IR, flash units, lights and more lights, Bluetooth, you name it! The TCB can control a lot of stuff.
- OP Config Introduction - An introduction to the OP Config program and how to use it to connect to the TCB.
- OP Config Tab Reference - Each page or “tab” in OP Config has its own section in the wiki that describes every setting.
Need More Info?
- List of Frequently Asked Questions.
- Check out our YouTube Channel for informative videos
- Consider joining the Open Panzer online community
- See the Troubleshooting page for solutions to common issues
- Want to see the source code? Check out our GitHub repository
- Want to build your own from scratch? See the Downloads page for schematics, Eagle files, bill of materials and more.