Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Offline jhamm

• It´s a hobby no profession!
    • View Profile
  • Germany
Turret Rotation
« on: July 18, 2017, 12:55:49 AM »
Hello Luke,
not all tanks have a turret, eg. Jagdpanther, Jagdtiger and much more ....
The cannon is adjusted horizontally by +/- 20 °
For the modeltank I use a servo and control by the turret-rotation function.
Currently the servo return always in the middle position when the stick is centered.  :-[
Is it possible to add the Servo-Pan function to Turret servo function?
Is it possible to add the adjustmen function like the barrel / recoil servo?

By the way:
The Connector (APPLE) for IR-Function is opposite to HL/Taigen function.
An easier way to connect a HL/Taigen device is: pull the white Plastics of the connector rotate it 180° and apply.

Offline jhamm

• View Profile
  • Germany
Re: Turret Rotation
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 03:50:35 PM »
Hey Luke,
no idea?

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 04:27:30 PM »
Sorry for the slow reply, I was already working on the code change! This will not be a problem to add, you will see the documentation is already updated.

There are still some details to finalize but I will reply again when I have posted the software updates. This is a good idea and thanks for requesting it.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2017, 06:03:42 PM »
New release has been published. This update will cause all saved settings on your TCB to be erased, so you should save an OPZ file before updating, otherwise you will have to go through Radio Setup all over again.

After saving the OPZ file, update OP Config first, then flash new firmware. Now load your saved OPZ file. You will get a message that not all variables were imported, this is normal because your old OPZ file doesn't have the new additions. It will still import just fine. Now you can save a new complete OPZ file with all variables.

Pan Servo is now an option for the turret on the Motors tab of OP Config. Setup of this servo follows the same process as the barrel elevation servo setup, so you can use the same instructions. But to enter the menu for turret rotation setup you must set Dipswitch #3 to Off and #4 to On.

I created a new page for the turret rotation servo but it is just an abbreviated copy of the barrel servo page.

Let me know if you have any issues! Anytime a change is made there is always a risk it will have an unintended consequence elsewhere.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline jhamm

• View Profile
  • Germany
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 01:29:15 AM »
Hi Luke,
awesome!
I'll try it tonight.