Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Offline Springman65

• View Profile
  • Grafton, OH
Question on Recievers - sort of....
« on: May 02, 2017, 05:47:20 PM »
This may be slightly off topic, but I really don't know where else to ask....
If I am using a Radiolink R9DS receiver, hooked to the TCB by its SBUS, can I utilize the conventional servo ports for the throttle on the receiver to connect to a Bendini TBS Mini?

Springman

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
Re: Question on Recievers - sort of....
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 08:21:00 PM »
That depends on whether the R9DS passes the standard RC signals out when in SBus mode - some receivers can do both, but other receivers will do either SBus or PWM but not both simultaneously. I'm not sure how the R9DS works specifically but it would be easy for you to test with a standard servo.

However, this isn't actually necessary when used with the TCB, because the TCB can drive the TBS Mini from its own servo outputs.

More generally, you also have the option of "passing-through" receiver channels on the TCB. This is useful if you do want to control something directly from your transmitter but your receiver only does SBus and not PWM. Just assign one of the channels to an RC pass through in OP Config (use the Functions tab) and basically the TCB will function like a standard receiver, passing through the SBus signal converted to standard PWM.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

bomber-explosion