Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

led problem,
« on: May 30, 2022, 04:39:05 PM »
Hi,

If the red and green led flash alternately and rapidly for 2 second and after slowly flashing is it a radio lost signal?

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
Re: led problem,
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2022, 05:27:49 PM »
Flashing red and green alternately rapidly is indeed loss of radio signal. It also typically occurs for a few seconds when you first boot the board, not because the radio signal has been "lost" but simply because it hasn't yet been acquired. This flashing has no pre-determined length of time, it lasts for as long as the radio signal is not detected.

After the radio signal is acquired I don't know that I would typically expect any kind of flashing, even slower. When you are connected to the computer the green LED will blink slowly but the red LED remains on. One or the other will blink slowly if you are turning in one direction or the other, but they shouldn't be alternating unless you are turning back and forth quickly or there is some kind of glitch in the radio signal.

You can see the full list of LED behavior here.

If you are having an issue maybe you can describe more what's happening and we can try to figure it out.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline NS-21

• dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2022, 08:09:07 PM »
This happens to me if I bring the transmitter less than 150mm closer to the receiver connected to the TCB.

I am using an XJT FrSKY 2.4 transmitter module and an X8R receiver module.

Hardware -Turnigy 9X, flashed to ER9X V1.743- Mike

This usually happens when I test my own versions, based on the work and experience of the respected LukeZ, when I use my radio equipment.

I just do it from a distance.

P.S. About my radio transmitter and its software:

[/url]
« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 08:48:12 PM by NS-21 »

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2022, 09:53:12 AM »
It's true, I have observed as well that certain transmitter/receiver combinations do not like to be too close, and when they are there can be connection issues. Thankfully that one at least is a very easy fix!
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline jhamm

• It´s a hobby no profession!
    • View Profile
  • Germany
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2022, 03:13:29 PM »
Hello,
It is known that the FrSky XJT and the X8R have a near field problem.
You can have the receiver flashed with the new UNI firmware at Engel Modellbau, then the near field problem is solved.

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2022, 06:47:05 PM »
Hi,

I have two TCB, one working with my other radiomaster with frsky receiver (that one work fine) and the other one with radiomaster receiver (the one that is bad) (TCB version made with arduino stock board mega2560). with the good TCB all my receivers are working fine with the controller near or not. It is the other TCB that have that strange problem. I have compared my two circuit and they are the same. I may have shorted or damaged the serial RX3. It is possible to change the firmware to use the unnused RX2?

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2022, 09:10:29 PM »
ok found my problem; The battery voltage monitor was reading from the regulated 5V not from the battery; change the wire; solved!

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2022, 05:44:41 AM »
Glad you found it! Thanks for letting us know.
Open Panzer FAQs

bomber-explosion