Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Sabertooth 60a ESC problem with TCB
« on: January 16, 2022, 07:31:26 AM »

Fitting a TCB into our 1/6 king tiger which has an existing Sabertooth 60A ESC 2x60 v1.00.
We get no control via serial (well some eratic control). Sabertooth set as per TCB manual and connected correctly.
TCB set to sabertooth in config.

I have another T34 1/6 with very similar setup using a sabertooth 2x32 and TCB which works fine. I have swapped the TCB's over to eliminat that. The new TCB works fine in the T34 on the 2x32 with the same setting.

Any ideas?

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
Re: Sabertooth 60a ESC problem with TCB
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2022, 12:51:24 PM »
Did you set the baud rate on the 2x60 using the utility on the "Misc" tab of OP Config? If so, you may want to try doing it again a lower baud rate, I believe the Wiki recommends 38400, but you can go all the way down to 9600. You change the baud rate for the Sabertooth by changing the value for "Serial 2" on the Misc tab, then use the "Sabertooth Baud Rate Tool" to write the setting to the Sabertooth.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2022, 01:26:57 AM »
Luke,

Many thanks for the swift reply.

I set the baud rate to a different value 9600 then back to the recommended 38400 and now it seems happy.

To save a new thread can I use a linear servo for elevation and still use the pan effect in the same way as a regular servo?

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2022, 06:08:43 AM »
Great, I'm glad that fixed it.

...can I use a linear servo for elevation and still use the pan effect in the same way as a regular servo?
Yes, it will work the same!
Open Panzer FAQs

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2022, 03:11:21 AM »
Luke the linear servo works perfectly apart from when initially powering up it returns to the middle position, not a huge deal.

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2022, 05:56:03 AM »
Yeah, that's normal, it doesn't remember the last position when rebooted. The recoil servo will remember, because there are only two positions for that one, but the elevation servo will always initialize at center.
Open Panzer FAQs