Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Offline osika

• View Profile
Recoil questions using TBS
« on: October 03, 2020, 11:49:27 AM »
1.Have recoil modified and set up using stock taigen style recoil unit. Question is the way the recoil is now
set up with 3 pin..can the TBS also trigger recoil using last two sets of 3 pins? Setting up let's say
sound 3 cannon trigger and choosing  A 1-4 pins on TBS.

2. Upon start up and first try triggering cannon; sound and flash go off but no recoil. After that it works fine (?)

Thanks!

« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 07:32:53 PM by osika »

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
Re: Recoil questions using TBS
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2020, 12:28:58 PM »
Hi Osika.

1. No, you can not control the Taigen recoil from the Benedini sound card. It can't provide the necessary current and also it is not an easy on/off switching procedure, the controlling device has to be able to read the limit switch on the recoil unit in order to know when to turn off the recoil motor, and the Benedini doesn't know anything about this.

2. Are you using one of the functions to enable/disable/toggle the mechanical recoil from your transmitter? If so, it may be something simple such as the position your transmitter switch is placed when the model is turned on. You can post your OPZ file and I will take a look if you want.

NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline osika

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2020, 02:12:26 PM »

Thanks Luke..this is the way the cannon and MG are set up on 3 pos switch.
Middle position nothing: cannon fire move up and MG down.
Mig always fires and stops fine but cannon does not trigger
recoil on first try..only flash and sound then works after that
though at times it will half recoil - barrel stays in and takes
a few tries to get it back properly.

Function

Cannon Fire           Aux Channel 4- pos  1 (of 3)
Machine Gun Fire   Aux Channel  4- pos 3 (of 3)
Machine Gun Stop  Aux Channel  4- pos 2 (of 3)

Offline osika

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2020, 02:31:35 PM »
TCB SETTINGS

(Have turret on  user sound trigger atm.. not using turret sound as trying to figure out
with TBS if dynamic or normal settings to work properly)
TCB SETTING I.opz
(23.68 kB ~ Downloads: 216)

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2020, 03:02:43 PM »
Hi Osika, my apologies for the slow response. I see you are not using the functions to enable/disable the mechanical recoil, so that is not the problem. Your switch setup is fine too, that is the same way that I use cannon and machine gun on a 3 position switch too.

So that's good, but I am not sure what the problem could be. The fact that it does work sometimes tells me that the TCB is not broken, and it makes me suspect a mechanical issue with the recoil unit itself. The main thing to check is the little limit switch, possibly it is loose, or maybe it is not being closed completely at the end of the cycle. Also check your soldering job to make sure there are no loose wires, the wires on those units are very thin and flimsy.

This may not help anything but for the moment it is all I can think of. I don't have a unit on hand to test right now, but again I don't think it is a firmware issue because your recoil does work occasionally.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline osika

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2020, 04:32:40 PM »
Thank you. Looking forward to hooking up servo and elevation unit I just ordered. Again looking at all the boards out there..Elmod, Beier etc etc.
this to me is hands down the best unit both in terms of functions and also in terms of explaining everything via the wiki.  I really hope you guys
find a producer again for sure!

bomber-explosion