Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

BDESC-S10E-RTR esc
« on: June 22, 2020, 06:12:13 AM »
Hi Guys,

I have 2 BDESC-S10-RTR esc that I want to use. I cant find the jumper settings anywhere online, dows anyone know how to disable the brake? is it just a matter of removing the jumper completely?
Or am I better off getting a different ESC completely?

Thanks

Steve
20200622_120437.jpg
BDESC-S10E-RTR esc 20200622_120437.jpg
Views: 3281

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
Re: BDESC-S10E-RTR esc
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 07:32:52 AM »
Hi Steve, I just did some Googling and it does not appear this ESC has the option to disable brake. The REV NO/OFF (should be "ON"/OFF) jumper appears to either disable reverse completely or else enable it, but from user reports has no effect on brake. Also some users report that max reverse speed is limited to some amount less than forward speed.

It would seem this is not going to be a good choice for use in tanks, I would recommend looking for a different speed controller. There are recommendations in the Wiki, both for standard RC controllers as well as serial controllers (more expensive, but easier to wire and with more options in terms of current handling).

Here is an inexpensive RC ESC from AliExpress that can do drive two motors from a single controller. The X-Car 45 ESCs were very good choices but they seem to be out of stock at Hobby King right now.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 09:23:00 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for the help/reply, have just order a couple of Hobbywing Quicrun 1060  from the wiki recommends page as it gets me going for now, as you said The others seem to be out of stock everywhere.
I have also  the the esc you suggested as it looks a good option but delivery is 20-25 days.

Thanks

Steve

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 01:04:41 PM »
The Quicruns should work well. Let us know if you have any more issues!
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs