Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Re: My first dev experience in DIY TCB for tank M26 HL
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2020, 10:31:37 AM »
Thanks. So, if i try to use an Arduino card my main issue will be connecting the external peripherals? (ESC, receiver, IR sensor, motors)

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2020, 03:00:59 PM »
Sorry for the slow reply, but yes that is correct. A very few peripherals are easy to connect, namely the receiver (assuming iBus or PPM, sBus requires another component), ESCs, and any servos you may happen to be using, though most people don't. Also the Benedini is easy to connect. By easy what I mean is you just wire it directly, as described on the first page of this thread: Testing TCB Firmware with Stock Arduino Mega

But everything else (lights, mechanical recoil, IR stuff, etc) will require other electrical components in addition to the Arduino, and at that point you are looking at making your own mini-circuits or using some kind of adapter board as some have described in the aforementioned thread. If this is your first foray into Arduino world this is not a good project to start on, but if you already have experience then you can try it so long as you don't mind tinkering and blowing time and money! 

If you do decide to experiment in that direction the thread I linked to above would be the best place to continue that discussion.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline jhamm

• It´s a hobby no profession!
    • View Profile
  • Germany
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2020, 07:27:37 AM »
Hi,
it is possible to wire one LED direct to the Arduino lights output.
A little transistor or FET is neccessary if the current for the lights is higher than 30 -50 mA.

Offline NS-21

• dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2021, 04:34:07 PM »
I've been following your work and hats off to you two.  I would be happy to purchase three.  If not that then I would like use your designs to have three made for myself.  I just ordered some Heng Long tanks.  My son and I really like the Tamiya combat system but not the price tag.  I want something that can be configured to emulate it.

Dear Savall21!

At the time this topic was created, I got early experience in building a DIY TCB control board.

I still have materials for making at least three control boards, without an arduino, then I tested them completely, except for the IR combat function (it did not have an apple), and with only one Sbus transmitter. I have not tested Ibus for work, since I do not have such equipment.

I did not do the rest of the testing, since I switched to learning programming languages ​​and project localization.

I can solder this version of mine from the remnants, and give you the first first performance, and then my knowledge in electronics was meager.

But I would not even want to give - what I am not sure about.

Then - I was just learning programming and design, and I continue to learn now.

P.S. Unfortunately, I found messages in this thread, and I can't remember if I received notifications.

It was a difficult time then, I fell ill with this "fashionable" virus in a severe form, my left hand stopped working, in general everything was bad.

But I'm here again.

Offline NS-21

• dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2021, 06:25:56 PM »
If anyone is interested, here's where I left off last time and got back to work:

1. To begin with, I got rid of the battery compartment, making sure it is a little tight, but the work is not finished yet, as you can see:

Still need to close up some holes, put the oil seals on the gearbox.

2. The reverse side, without processing yet:

3. I made (printed on a 3D printer) a bearing shoulder strap for turning the tower (0.2 mm balls are still coming from China), and gear transmission of the rotation has not yet been printed on a 3D printer

I also made a bearing for the rotating commander's cupola (The gear transmission of the rotation has not yet been printed on a 3D printer)  = (:

4. I repaired the holes left over from the attachment (not yet sealed all holes):

5. I have studied a lot of photos of a real tank, and I did not like the angle and location of the tank gun, as Heng Long did.

I modified it a bit to make it look more like the original:

With regards to changing the point of installation of the gun, I was guided by this photo, which I took in our museum:

Yes, I know it's M46, but they don't differ much in the gun mask, yes, they have different guns.

P.S. I don't remember if inserting images from third-party sources is encouraged, I set up a Flickr account just in case.

If I am doing something wrong, let me know, I will not do it again.

That's all for now, thanks for your interest.

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2021, 10:55:01 PM »
P.S. I don't remember if inserting images from third-party sources is encouraged, I set up a Flickr account just in case.

I don't mind at all if you want to insert images from third party hosting, you are not breaking any rules! Of course you are free to use the built-in forum image hosting too, but I know one disadvantage is that the images always come at the end of the post and there is no ability to embed them within the text as you have done, and as would often be convenient to do. I have tried to work around that before but it is a limitation of the forum software we are using.

Anyway you can use either approach and there is no right or wrong.

You are off to a very good start on the tank!
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline NS-21

• dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2021, 05:46:24 PM »
This is how I convert the unit of the fixed barrel of the HL tank (M26, without recoil of the gun) - into a gun with recoil, and the correct setting of the tilt-lift axis of the gun:

Spoiled the airsoft gun module to correctly measure the position of the cannon axis.

Made a rough 3D model. After that I will add servo mounts, a gear for lifting the barrel, for now this is only a beta version, for trying on.

How it looks now inside:

Work continues.

Thank you for your interest.

bomber-explosion