Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Offline Rongyos

• View Profile
  • Hungary
Taigen Sound module problem
« on: August 27, 2019, 03:36:23 PM »
Hi everybody!

I have a strange bug in taigen sound module. When I push the "motor start" trigger it plays the engine ignition but in the background there is idle as well. It is so frustrating and not so good.

What cause this and what can be the solution?

Thanks and regards
Adam

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
Re: Taigen Sound module problem
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2019, 03:57:38 PM »
Hi Adam, I am not too surprised. There is no published specification for the Taigen sound protocol. I did my best to decipher it using a logic analyzer, but the unit I had to work with was the PzIII sound card. It could be there are differences between the models.

I will try to obtain an IS-2 sound card (it did not exist when I wrote the firmware) and do some testing.

In the meantime, try this experimental firmware where I have taken a guess as to what might be the issue, but I can't really be sure. Let me know what it does. It might prevent the idle sound from playing during startup, but it also might prevent the idle sound from playing at all.

Download the hex, then in OP Config flash it to your TCB, but instead of downloading the latest hex from the web click the button that says "Use your own Hex" and select this file.
2019_08_27_tcbmk1_0-93-52_TEST.hex
(292.62 kB ~ Downloads: 283)
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline Rongyos

• View Profile
  • Hungary
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 12:53:31 AM »
Download the hex, then in OP Config flash it to your TCB, but instead of downloading the latest hex from the web click the button that says "Use your own Hex" and select this file.

Hi Luke!

Thank you for your support! I will do it when I am home.
It’s very exciting to be on the testing team :)

Adam

Offline Rongyos

• View Profile
  • Hungary
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2019, 12:45:54 PM »

It’s very exciting to be on the testing team :)

Still do the same idle at engine start :(

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2019, 01:41:33 PM »
Ok, I'm not surprised, it was just a guess. I will obtain the other sound cards and do some testing. It will take a few weeks but I'll let you know when the problem is fixed.
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2019, 04:49:21 PM »
Hi Adam, I've obtained the Leopard and JS-2 soundcards and done some testing. In fact all the cards are controlled the same way, but there was something I missed in my initial deciphering of their signals. Even on the PzIII card the idle sound would be playing during engine start but it was not so noticeable as on the JS-2 sound card.

Anyway I believe I've fixed the problem and I've posted a firmware update (v0.93.53). Give it a test and let me know your results.
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline Rongyos

• View Profile
  • Hungary
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2019, 12:29:35 PM »
Hi Adam, I've obtained the Leopard and JS-2 soundcards and done some testing. In fact all the cards are controlled the same way, but there was something I missed in my initial deciphering of their signals. Even on the PzIII card the idle sound would be playing during engine start but it was not so noticeable as on the JS-2 sound card.

Anyway I believe I've fixed the problem and I've posted a firmware update (v0.93.53). Give it a test and let me know your results.

Hello!

New firmware solved the problem, thanks :)

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2019, 03:28:20 PM »
Thanks for letting me know, and thanks for helping me find this issue!
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline Rongyos

• View Profile
  • Hungary
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2019, 01:42:38 AM »
Thanks for letting me know, and thanks for helping me find this issue!

No problem, nice to have this kind of good support from you.

The sound modul is working well, but I have a delay between push throttle stick and get engine sound. Can you help me find this parameter when I can correct the sound-delay?

Thanks

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2019, 12:42:48 PM »
Unfortunately that delay is just the way the Taigen works, there is nothing you can do about it. It is very annoying I agree.
Open Panzer FAQs

bomber-explosion