Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Offline Shivasongster

• View Profile
  • Central PA
Prototype Board Question
« on: March 02, 2018, 04:58:12 PM »
I came to your site rather by accident because you happen to be doing some evaluation of the Teensy Audio board around the same time I was (though for completely different reasons). I was curious to know more about the purple board in this post:

http://openpanzer.org/forum/index.php?topic=17.0

From what I can tell it is related to your other boards, but perhaps not in production? There are a few Teensy breakouts out there, but I found this one very interesting and would pick them up if available.
Components.jpg
Prototype Board Question Components.jpg
Views: 1433

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
Re: Board question
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 08:09:33 PM »
Hi Shivas, you're right, the Open Panzer sound card is not in production and in fact the design is still being refined. You can access all the files for the latest revision of the hardware on the Downloads page, the latest version requires the addition only of the Teensy; the amplifer/SD card holder and other stuff has been moved to the carrier board itself (so you no longer would use the PJRC prop shield).

But if you are interested specifically in the monstrosity that you've pictured there I've attached the Eagle files, bill of materials, and preformatted Gerbers you can upload to OSH Park if you want to have bare boards made (you might need to generate your own Gerbers from Eagle if you try to get boards at a different service). That board was very simple and worked by stacking a bunch of off-the-shelf stuff from PJRC onto it, it was pretty crude and the board itself added basically nothing other than a place to stick everything and a 5-volt LDO.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

PS: I'm going to move this thread to the Sound forum.
OP_Sound_Proto.zip
(114.09 kB ~ Downloads: 474)
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
Re: Prototype Board Question
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 08:12:01 PM »
Also I should add our current firmware would not work on this early board, but it sounds like you would be using your own firmware.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs