Offline hutchice

• View Profile
  • Salem Oregon
Air soft setup
« on: October 22, 2017, 02:07:27 PM »
I am attempting to setup a taigen airsoft firing mechanism.  I have rewired the unit as the instructions stated and have it plugged into the recoil port on the tcb.  I have followed the instructions on setting up my radio and set the barrel type to Airsoft.  The default cannon fire function has been deleted and replaced with a new cannon fire function where I assigned the trigger to Aux channel 1 position 1 which is a two way switch.  When I test this the firing mechanism it continues to fire one shot after another and will not stop.  The firing mechanism does not seem to respond to any command from the radio.  Any ideas?

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • Kansas, USA
Re: Air soft setup
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 02:57:28 PM »
I hate to say it, but this sounds like the faulty behavior we would expect if Hobby King sold you one of the boards from earlier this summer with the wrong MOSFETs. I don't know what kind of MOSFET they used but the result was that the connection was always live no matter what. This would explain what you are seeing.

The MOSFET that controls the airsoft motor is Q8 on the board, I've highlighted the location in the attached picture. I don't know how good your eyesight is, or your ability to take close-up photographs. Can you see any markings on this MOSFET? Does it looks like it has been resoldered by hand? Perhaps you can take a picture.

tcbtop.png
Air soft setup tcbtop.png
Views: 214
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - read why
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline hutchice

• View Profile
  • Salem Oregon
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 04:53:15 PM »
MOSFET is signed 23eg which seems to be the same issue that were on the original boards.  This is a bit disheartening considering these are the new batch that HK has on their website.  I will take a look and see if the other mosfet’s are tagged the same.

Offline hutchice

• View Profile
  • Salem Oregon
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 04:55:30 PM »
Yes it appears all of the MOSFETs have the same 23eg. >:(

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • Kansas, USA
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2017, 05:27:06 PM »
I'm really sorry to hear that, but thanks for letting me know, I will post in the other forums so people can be warned. You will need to submit a return at Hobby King. I will send you an email in just a minute.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - read why
Open Panzer FAQs