Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

dannydeleon

Cannon Fire function question
« on: July 30, 2017, 03:36:53 PM »
Hi Luke,

I got my board from HK and I fixed the wrong mosfets Q1-Q8. I am trying to configure the TCB on the bench and almost all the features are working as expected, lights, etc. My only issue which is giving me fits is the servo recoil.  I configured Aux3 as a 2-pos switch. Then in Triggers, I deleted the default Cannon Fire function and replaced it with a Cannon Fire function with Aux3 assigned as the trigger at Pos 2. In my Er9x, I assigned the TRN switch to Channel 7. In the Radio setup of OPConfig, I confirmed that Aux3 moves when the TRN switch is flicked and it does. Now my issue is, the servo recoil doesn't work when I flick the TRN switch. I have the box Trigger with Cannon checked under the servo recoil of the Motors section.  Now if I delete the Cannon fire function and add a Recoil Servo function and configure it like the Cannon Fire and uncheck the Trigger with Cannon Fire box, the servo recoil works when I flick the TRN switch.

I am using the Taigen/HL high intensity flash. Do I need to do anything else to make it work apart from just plugging it into the right port? Does the recoil servo needs to be working before it is triggered and does it work if the function is Servo Recoil instead of the Cannon Fire?

The only other thing that does not work is the Cannon fire sound. I haven't checked my TBS mini config again but I was sure I assigned the cannon fire sound to Position 3 of the Parameters tab. All the engine sounds, turret traverse, barrel elevation and MG sounds work except the cannon fire. This sound should have been triggered by the Cannon Fire function, right? Servo Recoil function?

Thanks in advance,
Danny

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
Re: Cannon Fire function question
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 03:48:06 PM »
Danny, on the Motors tab, what do you have selected under Mechanical Barrel? What you describe sounds like the situation where you have selected Airsoft but no airsoft unit is plugged in. When Airsoft is selected the TCB is waiting for a signal from the airsoft unit to kick off the recoil servo, flash, cannon sound, etc... If no airsoft is plugged in, that signal never gets received.

The solution is to uncheck the "Trigger with Cannon" option under Mechanical Barrel.

This is discussed in more detail in the Troubleshooting section, see Items 4 & 5.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

dannydeleon

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 07:18:51 PM »
Hi Luke,

Thanks for your help. My bad for not reading the Troubleshooting section. Unchecking the Trigger with Cannon checkbox in the Mechanical Recoil solved all the issues I was experiencing including the Cannon sound and flash. I am very impressed with the customization you can do with the TCB. I think I will put it in my KT since it has the biggest space inside. Right now I am using 2 xcar ESCs but I think I will build your Scout since we have a Protoflow oven at the Makerspace in UW where I work.

Now I will see if I can make the TCB work with the TBS micro.

thanks again,
Danny

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 09:23:51 PM »
No problem, it's hard to keep track of all the options sometimes. But this is a good reminder that I should change the default mechanical barrel selection to "mechanical recoil" instead, to help avoid this issue for those who aren't using these features. The TCB doesn't expect a signal from mechanical recoil units so if nothing is attached everything still works.

I believe Thomas Benedini removed support for the Micro in his Flash v3. And when he released Flash v3, I removed support for v2 because it was too much to maintain both. So I wouldn't expect that you'll get the Micro to work, unless he adds back support for it.

Actually the Micro probably would still work but only for engine sounds and engine on/off. The part that changed from Flash v2 to v3 had to do with all the auxiliary sounds (on Prop3). You could give it a try, you might just have to leave Prop3 disconnected.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

bomber-explosion