Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Offline Springman65

• View Profile
  • Grafton, OH
Flash Port Ability Question
« on: April 30, 2017, 10:33:02 AM »
Would the Flash Port of the TCB be capable of driving 2 or 3 Taigen high-intensity flash units in parallel at the same time?  This would be used in a 1/16th scale Torro Sturmtiger, to intensify the flash effect.

Thanks, 

Springman

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
Re: Flash Port Ability Question
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 12:35:31 PM »
I have not tested that but it shouldn't be a problem. The flash units are not particularly high current devices by their nature. 
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline Springman65

• View Profile
  • Grafton, OH
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 03:31:44 PM »
I have not tested that but it shouldn't be a problem. The flash units are not particularly high current devices by their nature.

OK, I guess that will be on my ToDo list to try.  But, maybe I Will try a quad (4) setup as the barrel seems to have the room for them....😬

If it could do 4 in parallel, I would consider ganging them for larger scales......

Thanks Luke!

Springman

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 01:11:01 PM »
Four in parallel should no be a problem. Another thing to test might be to try multiple flash bulbs powered by a single Taigen unit. I'm not sure if that would work or not but worth a try if it would save you stuffing 4 flash units in your model. You could test that now even without the TCB.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline Springman65

• View Profile
  • Grafton, OH
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017, 10:56:50 AM »
Four in parallel should no be a problem. Another thing to test might be to try multiple flash bulbs powered by a single Taigen unit. I'm not sure if that would work or not but worth a try if it would save you stuffing 4 flash units in your model. You could test that now even without the TCB.

Luke,

I ordered the Torro Sturmtiger yesterday, with 4 additional flash units.  So, I will be ready to bench test them shortly.  While knowing if the TCB can handle ganged flash units may not be useful to man in 1/16th scale, it may be to larger scales....

Springman