Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Offline Tom

• View Profile
  • USA
Re: Benedini TBS Mini
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2017, 07:52:00 AM »
Haven't downloaded any new sound files yet with 3.0 flash version of Benedini but it now says 8 bit file
needed. (was using 16 bit wav sounds before) not sure if this has anything to do with the setting
that was downloaded to sync with the TBC or just part of 3.0? For those using Audacity you can convert
to 8 bit by selecting "Other uncompressed files" as the file type in the export dialog then click the "options"
button, and select "WAV (Microsoft) as the header and "Unsigned 8 bit PCM" as the "encoding".

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2017, 09:34:03 AM »
If you read the manual he released with Flash 3.0, it says on page 8:
"The following formats are supported: 8 Bit, 16 Bit, Mono and Stereo at 8000Hz, 11025Hz, 16000Hz or 22050Hz sample rate."

No changes have been made to the sound file formats supported. You can use all the same sound-sets with your Mini as you always have.

And for the eight-bajilionth time, the Open Panzer board is called TCB, not TBC.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline Tom

• View Profile
  • USA
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2017, 09:46:00 AM »

Yes I read that. I just wanted to point out that when I loaded a 16 bit sound file there was a pop up that said
"Sound format error! Sound must be 22,050 kHz, 8 Bit, Mono WAV  Sound is 22,050 kHz, 16 Bit Mono"
So as an FYI if anybody now or every needed to convert to 8 Bit using Audacity; how to do it.

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2017, 11:05:07 AM »
I would contact Thomas about that. Either the message is in error, or else he needs to update the manual.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline Tom

• View Profile
  • USA
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2017, 02:09:44 PM »
I have contacted Thomas about it. Also sorry about the TCB misspelling I am dyslexic end up turning those letters around at times. Probably because of spelling TBS Benedini lol

Offline Tom

• View Profile
  • USA
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2017, 01:46:55 PM »
Thomas just informed me that everything has to be in 8 bit. Which Audacity can do.

"Audicity should have a option somewhere to save a sound with 22kHz, 8Bit, Mono, WAV format.
Did you check the web already for this? This must be to integrate the sound in a TBS sound file."

Offline Tom

• View Profile
  • USA
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2017, 09:06:08 AM »
Benedini TBS Mini all set up. A few things.. check the bugs and fixes in the new manual... all sound files must be 8 bit now and make sure to follow the set up procedure on this site to coordinate the TCB with the Benedini! The basic set up is very close to the old system but with some nice changes.  I did notice when listening to the the test sound sample, the words "Benedini sounds" plays over them but this does not happen when playing the final sounds via the Mini . I discussed this and a few other thing with Thomas B. as he is interested in hearing about any issues or views on the new 3.0 version. He is not only a professional but also a true gentleman!

bomber-explosion