Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

OP Panel size
« on: January 11, 2024, 04:59:06 AM »
Is there a way to show all the information in the OP screen. there seems to be parts cut off and if I go full screen it make no difference to the OP panel.
Thanks
Steve

Screenshot (1).png
OP Panel size Screenshot (1).png
Views: 303

Offline FuzzyJack

• View Profile
  • Nottingham - UK
Re: OP Panel size
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2024, 06:48:49 AM »
Hi Steve.

There is an issue with running the downloadable installer version of OP-Config on High DPI/Resolution monitors.

There is a fix for it but it hasn't made it to a downloadable installer version yet.

I think there are two options at the moment and one is easy, one not.

1) Change the Scaling and Layout options on Windows.   The reduces the size of the text so the field labels at least are readable although the text in the fields themselves is still a bit too big.  How to reduce DPI

2) Uncomment one of the lines of code and run it yourself locally.... this requires the use of the Qt Creator software.

I might try and see if I can work out how to build a new installer version that I could send you somehow but I'm not sure what the process is for building that yet.

I did mention this on another thread here: https://openpanzer.org/forum/index.php?topic=313.0 but haven't pursued it further yet.

Chris.

Offline FuzzyJack

• View Profile
  • Nottingham - UK
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2024, 07:05:06 AM »
I had a little play and it does improve a bit if you scale the layout down a bit.

It's still not perfect though.  I've attached two screens.   Both are on a high resolution of 2880*1800.  One at 200% text scaling, the other at 100% (you don't appear to go smaller).

Interestingly, if you have OP-Config open when you are up at 200% and then scale down to 100% it also scales most of the field values (although not all of them) and it's much more readable.

If you scale first and then open OP-Config it doesn't scale the field values so well.

Hope that helps for now anyway.
200 percent scaling.PNG
OP Panel size 200 percent scaling.PNG
Views: 223
100 percent scaling.PNG
OP Panel size 100 percent scaling.PNG
Views: 234

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2024, 07:11:10 AM »
Thanks, will give it a go.
Thanks for the help
Steve

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2024, 07:19:05 AM »
Worked great.
Thanks
Steve

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2024, 11:03:59 AM »
Thanks Chris for helping out. And yeah, I apologize Steve for this mess. The reason I never fixed the High DPI issue is that doing so breaks other things which I've never had the time to resolve. Years ago there weren't many people using such high resolution monitors, though today it's obviously more common. Hopefully this workaround gets you by for now.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2024, 05:45:14 AM »
It wouldn't normally be a problem, but have just built 3 TCBs from scratch. Have got them flashed ok, but need to do some testing on them. So need to look at all the menus. I was lucky with parts as I actually purchased alot of the parts years ago before the all vanished and have only just had time to get them done. They all connect and communicate ok so that's a good start.

Thanks

Steve

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2024, 11:08:19 AM »
Congrats on building three boards from scratch, that's an accomplishment! Keep us posted on how you get on with them.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2024, 12:32:13 PM »
Thanks, Yes I will put updates up. Just finding time to fit everything in :)