Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Offline uglyduck

• View Profile
  • US
Heng Long 7.0+ compatability
« on: December 01, 2022, 11:02:33 AM »
Its been a long while since I've posted or engaged in this hobby.  Boy was I pleased to see how far its come in a couple of years.  New models, new mother boards.  Exciting stuff.  I've reconsidered selling my stuff off now that I see whats been happening.  I'm posed with a new question now. 

Is the TCB compatible with Heng Long 7.0+ boards?  In this thread (https://openpanzer.org/forum/index.php?topic=262.0) regarding the 6.0, there was discussion about the 6.0 using Tamiya code.  I assume this is also the case with the 7.0's but I don't know for sure.

Also, does anyone know if the Heng Long wiring kit with IR emitter and battle apple will work with the TCB?  https://www.ebay.com/itm/174454940006?hash=item289e532166:g:WHEAAOSwsKRekYQK&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA4HCLEhkOLxJKTu8InC17UPrH4JQhJycvKymUgHjTRA5YujC%2BEojpdcOZfprLeqmu20SmrlRMXYbc8SMRWo6s0hYQUqPa1YHeSAUoHiyWnlwcDLMTyn4kaka3wF8d7rEDtSp6Co65JK%2FacJUyX%2B3WJIrJwAMDJtp0Y3iKNyvdcHfJADdOa89VRc0vYUFehv24HEVXBz9gwVfo%2B38WHYrRw42clYSIjwms2NGYgfIYiTsCul0lZWlrSOZedcM8rfKlekM8K2IRCQlKC2YJNVbeNSxeeDvgZIuXsPA9eIw%2FZg46%7Ctkp%3ABFBMntuP6plh
-Mitch-

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
Re: Heng Long 7.0+ compatability
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2022, 07:41:38 AM »
Hi Mitch, I have not tested the Heng Long 7+ boards, but it is my understanding all HL boards from 6 and later use the Tamiya IR protocol, so yes it should be compatible with the TCB and with any other board that uses Tamiya, which today is basically all of them.

The Heng Long IR receiver you linked to should work with the TCB, again I have not tested it but all these receivers are generally about the same thing.

However you will need to make sure that you connect the pins in the correct order. On the TCB the Apple connector is 5 pins but the Heng Long receiver is only 3 pins because it does not have a notification LED built in. If you look on the bottom of the TCB board you will see the three pins that you need for the receiver. The pin order is not the same as the Heng Long plug, which uses + - S (connection CN16 on the TK7), but on the TCB the order is + S -.

So you will have to re-arrange the connections, but otherwise I'm guessing it will work.
tcbbottom.jpg
Heng Long 7.0+ compatability tcbbottom.jpg
Views: 1701
HL_TK_7_CN16.jpg
Heng Long 7.0+ compatability HL_TK_7_CN16.jpg
Views: 838
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline uglyduck

• View Profile
  • US
Re: Heng Long 7.0+ compatability
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2022, 01:01:05 AM »
Thanks Luke.  I completely forgot about the different pin connections.  thanks for the feedback.
-Mitch-

bomber-explosion