Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Offline PaulCheeseman

• View Profile
  • Stonegate UK
Gunfire sounds have stopped working
« on: January 30, 2020, 01:31:09 PM »
Just come back from a break from tanks, and both of my gunfire s ounds have stopped working! This is using a bendini mini, which was working fine when I last used it.

All of the engine sounds are fine, the gun recoil and flash work as before, just no sound!

I have tried re loading the TCB settings file, updated firmware etc, but to no avail.

I am not really sure where to start looking as its been a while, any suggestions please would be welcome!

Paul

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
Re: Gunfire sounds have stopped working
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 02:23:34 PM »
Sorry to hear that Paul. You say "both your gunfire sounds," do you mean you have two models with the same behavior or do you somehow have two sounds defined on the same model? I am starting to forget myself all the features of my own product but I don't remember two cannons being defined (there are two possible machine guns and of course it is possible to create a second cannon manually with various function triggers).

I would make sure for one that you haven't accidentally selected the Bendini Micro (instead of the Mini), as the location of the sounds is different. Then I would go back over the sound setup on your Mini itself using Benedini's Flash software and make sure everything is still where it should be (see this page in the Wiki).

In the meantime you can also post your OPZ file and I will see if anything stands out to me. You can save an OPZ file by first reading the settings from your TCB in OP Config, then going to File -> Save Settings to File and save it somewhere on your harddrive. Then attach it to your forum reply using the "Attachments and other options" button beneath the posting area.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline PaulCheeseman

• View Profile
  • Stonegate UK
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2020, 04:41:27 AM »
Hi Luke

Thanks for your reply.

I wasn't very clear really was I! On my Panther, both the main canon and machine gun sounds have stopped. The recoil and flash are both ok.

I'm away until Monday, I'll get the OPZ file uploaded for you.

I am going to try a new OPZ file and drop all settings back to default, and I will check the sound card settings. I am pretty sure I do have the Bendini Mini selected.

Paul

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2020, 01:17:27 PM »
Ok, keep experimenting and let me know what you find, I'm sure we will be able to figure it out. It usually is something simple but if not I'll fix it.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

bomber-explosion