Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Offline slayer431

• View Profile
  • Arizona
New to OP TCB and need some troubleshooting
« on: October 18, 2018, 12:39:18 AM »
Currently working on HL M1 with an OP TCB and XCAR esc's. I have followed the setup  with TCB set to RC output for drive turret and barrel. I plugged left ESC to RC output 1 and right ESC to RC output 2. Throttle is set to 2, steering is set to 1. When  starting the tank and giving it throttle on right track moves. Same with the steering only the corresponding left track moves. I would assume, I need a Y cable for both of the ESC's to plug into the receiver as per drive and turret  instructions under RC output, am I correct in this or am I missing something. Thanks

Offline jhamm

• It´s a hobby no profession!
    • View Profile
  • Germany

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
Re: New to OP TCB and need some troubleshooting
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 04:13:29 PM »
No, you do not need any Y-cable. I think the only mention of any Y-cable in the Wiki is in the section describing the use of two serial controllers at once, but since you are using standard hobby ESCs that does not apply to you.

The ESCs plug into the RC outputs and you have it correct, left track goes to output 1 and right track goes to output 2.

Your description of the behavior you're seeing is not entirely clear. It almost sounds like you might have the wrong selection under the Vehicle Type option on the Motors tab. Double check and make sure you select "Tank (Dual drive motors)"
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline slayer431

• View Profile
  • Arizona
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2018, 10:03:10 PM »
Thanks jhamm, and Luke. I didnt understand when it said to plug it into the rc, I put it into the receiver and not the TCB. Its working well. I got the most things working so far ie IR xmitter and receiver. THe only issue I am getting now. The cannon fires very rapidly 1.5 seconds which i have for reload time and I cant seem to get the recoil to work yet. I will post later if I cant figure it out. Thanks for the help guys I am glad it was easy and it works.

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 03:14:32 PM »
Glad to hear it, let us know if there is anything you can't figure out.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs