Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Offline pandknz

• View Profile
  • Australia
Current status of the TCB and Sound Card
« on: August 29, 2018, 09:54:49 PM »
Hi, sorry if this is the wrong place but new here and like the look of what I see

1st Question: I can buy an OpenPanzer TCB from Hobby King as they have stock availability but just want to know about the status of the boards with the mention of errors in some components and if they will actually work.

2nd Question: If I do get a TCB when or where can I get a sound Card from you? I have seen them in peoples builds, are they available or are these prototypes?

Looking forward to turning my toy into a model with this system.
Models that Move

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
Re: Current status of the TCB and Sound Card
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 11:42:49 PM »
  • The faulty boards that Hobby King sold last year now seem to be a thing of the past. I have heard no hardware problems reported since late last year.
  • A few users have been testing prototype versions of the OP Sound Card, but the hardware and firmware are still in a state of flux and the ultimate design has not yet been finalized. I hope to complete basic development this year but even then, there is no guarantee I will be able to find a manufacturer willing to assume the risks of production. At this time and for the foreseeable future, if sound is important to you then you need to examine in advance the Benedini or Taigen sound card options, and see if they will meet your needs/budget. If not then I would steer you away from the project at this time because I can't guarantee if/when our sound card will be available.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline pandknz

• View Profile
  • Australia
Re: Current status of the TCB and Sound Card
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2018, 12:03:16 AM »
Hi

Thanks for the update and I'm glad that you are still active with this project, I can wait for sound and if not the new Taigen sound card option is a good short term solution at $25

Cheers
Models that Move