Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]
TCB Dev / Re: Ideas for the OP Config
« Last post by Rongyos on May 22, 2023, 08:19:17 AM »
I don't actually have a TCB to do any tests with, so I can't say exactly how good it will look. I'd appreciate if you could test it both to make sure it works as intended and also to let me know what you think of the flickering.

Hi Luke,

First of all, thank you for your quick reply and support.
I downloaded the new firmware and OP Config, managed to set up the build. I faced some bug / error:
  • Light toggle on/off function not working properly on headlights (see video) - its working well with toggle on + toggle off functions binded on 2 pos switch
  • Start engine flickering not working with toggle on/off function at all
  • Start engine flickering has some errors:
    • a. only works with 2 pos function
    • b. no lights at all during the start engine sequence
    • c. random light sound played during the start engine sequence

maybe there are more dependencies than I thought :( I attached a video for better understanding.

The build is up and I am happy to test the upgrades :)

Rongyos

« Last post by LukeZ on May 21, 2023, 02:54:04 PM »
Hi Rongyos, thanks for the question, and don't worry, your English is very good. I understand clearly what you are asking.

I've made some updates to the firmware to incorporate your suggestion. You will have to update both OP Config and also re-flash the latest firmware to your TCB (the latest version of both is 0.93.75)

To enable this feature there is an option on the "Lights & IO" tab of OP Config that you can select, called "Flicker Headlights during Engine Start."

The length of time that the flickering effect will last is defined by the "Transmission Engage Delay" setting on the "Driving" tab of OP Config. Since this setting should be set to the length of time of your engine start sound, it will also work for the flickering.

The flickering will affect both the headlights and the brake lights, but only if you have them on before you start the engine. In the case of brake lights, probably the only way for them to be on before the engine is started is to select the "Brake Lights On when Stopped" option on the Lights & IO tab.

The headlight output on the TCB is unable to be dimmed, it can only be full on or full off. However the brake lights output can be set to any intensity. I've used a slightly different approach on each one, the brake light will flicker in sync with the headlights but because it is able to be dimmed I've used that to make the flickering a little less harsh.

I don't actually have a TCB to do any tests with, so I can't say exactly how good it will look. I'd appreciate if you could test it both to make sure it works as intended and also to let me know what you think of the flickering.
« Last post by Rongyos on May 19, 2023, 02:22:39 AM »
Hi Luke,

First of all, please don't laugh at me because my programming skills are very basic

I have a Beier board and I very like the headlight flickering effect on it but it has some flaws. I generated a basic flickering function which can be (I think) put in LIGHTS.ino

Code: [Select]
// Duration of the flickering effect in milliseconds
const unsigned long flickerDuration = 5000; //no idea where to put this - that should be cool if the user can set this in the OPCONFIG

void EstartFlickering {
  // Check if the flicker duration has elapsed
  if (millis() >= flickerDuration) {
    // Turn off the LED and exit the loop
    digitalWrite(ledPin, LOW);
    return;
  }

// Generate a random dimming value (0-255)
  int dimValue = random(256);
;
}

This function can be put in DRIVING.ino where engine starts (at there there is also a
Code: [Select]
// Play the engine start sound
                TankSound->StartEngine();

there. The duration time should be set by user (easiest way). The beier reads the sound wave signals and flicker the LEDs following the wave spikes which is not realistic when the tank engine finally on and has a revving sound in the "enginestart" sound. In that phase the alternator can put voltage IRL and the headlights are even, but beier lower the dim according to the sound volume, thats what I dont like. The duration should be the time while the tank starting up, ignition or how can I say that in English, hope its understandable :) .
Can you somehow put this function in the codes? (I think mine wont work if i put it with force :) )
Open Panzer Help / Re: CS-TK-SWB Heng Long
« Last post by LukeZ on March 07, 2023, 01:22:06 PM »
Hi Paul, that is an interesting device which I did not know about, even though it seems it has been released for several years.

As usual the Chinese documentation leaves something to be desired, but from what I can tell this is a standalone gyro system that operates with standard RC inputs. In that case it should work with the TCB or any other control board that can output servo signals.

These are the connections you would make with the TCB:

Heng Long TK-SWBOpen Panzer TCB
P2-1RC Output 3 (Turret rotation)
P2-4RC Output 4 (Barrel elevation)

In OP Config on the Motors tab, you will want to set both "Turret Rotation" and "Barrel Elevation" to "RC Output."

Then connect a rotation motor and an elevation servo to the TK-SWB, and of course you will have to provide power to that unit also, as shown in the Heng Long diagram.

I can't promise this will work but I think it should. I'd be interested to hear the results of anyone who gives it a try.

Open Panzer Help / Re: CS-TK-SWB Heng Long
« Last post by kettenpaul on March 07, 2023, 01:01:02 PM »
CS-TK-https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005004924384115.html?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000060.2.1a56428a0xzyoO&gps-id=pcDetailBottomMoreThisSeller&scm=1007.13339.291025.0&scm_id=1007.13339.291025.0&scm-url=1007.13339.291025.0&pvid=86070a97-97ca-4948-b066-63f81b2f79d8&_t=gps-id%3ApcDetailBottomMoreThisSeller%2Cscm-url%3A1007.13339.291025.0%2Cpvid%3A86070a97-97ca-4948-b066-63f81b2f79d8%2Ctpp_buckets%3A668%232846%238108%231977&pdp_ext_f=%7B"sku_id"%3A"12000031037363205"%2C"sceneId"%3A"3339"%7D&pdp_npi=3%40dis%21EUR%2168.95%2157.91%21%21%21%21%21%40211b600a16782147684774604e45ae%2112000031037363205%21rec%21DE%211837893692&gatewayAdapt=glo2deuSWB Heng Long

https://prnt.sc/GkzX1mBH6UHO
Open Panzer Help / CS-TK-SWB Heng Long
« Last post by kettenpaul on March 06, 2023, 02:23:41 PM »
Hallo Panzerfreunde
Das Board habe ich durch zufall im Netz gefunden .
Und die Frage ist es kompatiebel mitO.P.
Auch so zum Beispiel die TK16, bei Heng Long hat sich ganz schön was getan

Kettenpaul
Show and Tell / Re: High speed tracked vehicle....something different
« Last post by grahamn1956 on February 12, 2023, 11:57:48 AM »
Hi Graham,

I can well imagine your frustration and my apologies! When I was creating the Downloads page and other sections of the site I wasn't really thinking of people building their own, but now that is the only option you are right this information should be more prominently displayed. I've added a couple links to the TCB Hardware section that will hopefully help others avoid this kind of head scratching.

Thank you for the recommendation and I wish you success with your boards! If any other questions arise please don't hesitate to ask.

For anyone else at this stage, here is one of the links I posted, which explains the one-time bootloader process on blank chips:

Flashing Bootloader to Blank ATmega2560

Thank you Luke, I'm sure those links will help someone out.   8)
« Last post by LukeZ on February 12, 2023, 11:24:43 AM »
Hi Graham,

I can well imagine your frustration and my apologies! When I was creating the Downloads page and other sections of the site I wasn't really thinking of people building their own, but now that is the only option you are right this information should be more prominently displayed. I've added a couple links to the TCB Hardware section that will hopefully help others avoid this kind of head scratching.

Thank you for the recommendation and I wish you success with your boards! If any other questions arise please don't hesitate to ask.

For anyone else at this stage, here is one of the links I posted, which explains the one-time bootloader process on blank chips:

Flashing Bootloader to Blank ATmega2560
« Last post by grahamn1956 on February 12, 2023, 07:19:44 AM »
Hi Chi-el,

Sorry for the slow reply. I think the problem is almost certainly that the processor needs the bootloader installed first. When the board was under production we did this at the factory, but if you are assembling one from scratch then you have to do it yourself. If you buy an Arduino Mega the bootloader already comes installed, but when using a new chip it is blank.

The bootloader only has to be installed once on each board, after that you will not need to do it again. I've attached instructions for how to do this, you will need to buy a USBASP device. They are very cheap, here is one from China but you can probably find European sellers on eBay who have them. Notice the one I linked to gives you the option of buying an 8-pin to 6-pin adapter, you will need this version because we use a 6-pin ISP port on the TCB. Most places sell them with the adapter included.

In the instructions I discuss a pogo adapter, you won't need this because your boards already have pins installed on the ISP port, so you can just plug in the 6-pin cable from the USBASP directly into your board.

The instructions also mention using an FTDI adapter to load the firmware. You can ignore this and just your USB cable to load the firmware as normal. The FTDI adapter is faster when we are flashing hundreds of boards, but you only have to do two of them so it's no problem.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions!

EDIT: No, it doesn't make a difference what position the fight/repair switch is in.

Gosh, I sure wish this was posted in the TCB portion of Downloads!  I have been scratching my head as to why my finished TCB boards (3 off) would not talk on USB, even going to the lengths of changing out one of the FT232 ic's in case it was a fake.  Everything working fine now but sheesh that was a voyage of discovery I could have done without!
News & Announcements / Re: It's all over?
« Last post by jhamm on February 06, 2023, 12:21:08 AM »
God Day to you Luke,
i am fine and the Life in germany goes expensive...

Yes, your´e right, the chip shortage and high prices reduce the number of users.
Every open panzer board that is offered somewhere is always sold very quickly - but that doesn't mean there are more of them.
It is all very well documented, but there are no new boards to buy...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]