Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Smoker Max Speed Issue
« on: December 06, 2017, 10:52:38 PM »
     I'm having an issue with the Max Speed setting on the Smoker control. I tried lowering the max speed and now the smoker reaches full speed before full throttle and then cuts off, instead of limiting the full throttle speed.
     For example I set the max speed to 80% and when I move the throttle stick up to 80% the smoker is running at max speed, and when I push the stick up a little further the smoker cuts off. No smoker at all for the last 20% of the throttle travel.
     Am I missing something in the programming? Is anyone else having this issue? Any thoughts on the subject would be helpful.

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
Re: Smoker Max Speed Issue
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 10:55:55 PM »
This sounds like a bug to me, probably introduced during one of the recent updates. I will take a look at it but it might not be right away, I've been slammed with work and other stuff.

In the meantime can you post the OPZ file you're using so I can replicate your settings exactly?
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 11:22:52 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply. Here's the OPZ file.
TIGER 1 - 1.opz
(22.41 kB ~ Downloads: 320)

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 11:56:04 PM »
I can confirm it's a bug. The smoker should work fine for now if you leave max speed at 100%.

Like I say, it might be this weekend or even next week before I can fix this. Just wanted you to know you weren't going crazy and your board isn't defective. Just needs a software fix.
Open Panzer FAQs

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 10:17:05 AM »
Good to here, I was a little worried about it being the board.  Thanks for the help.

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 04:11:39 PM »
This issue should be fixed with v0.92.15 of TCB firmware, which I have just posted.

You do not need to update OP Config for this one, just flash new firmware to TCB.
Open Panzer FAQs

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 10:14:14 PM »
Thanks for the fix.  It works perfectly.