Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Offline Deny

• View Profile
  • Russia
Ir - battle
« on: November 11, 2017, 05:50:59 AM »
Hi, Luke.
I have two questions.
First. what is the maximum distance calculated IR send.
Second. Checked the contact, I do not understand the display of contact? I used regular led's, do still offer this fact. In contact with the led dimly flickers for about 3 seconds, so it must be?
Regards, Denis

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
Re: Ir - battle
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 01:28:19 PM »
Denis,

The IR distance depends on your choice of IR emitter, your source battery voltage, and conditions (indoor/outdoor). I have tested both the stock Tamiya LED as well as the Vishay TSAL6100 (less expensive substitute) to 40 feet / 12 meters indoors using a 7.2 volt NiCd battery. I think the range is probably even greater but my apartment is only 40 feet long! Testing outdoors involves too many other variables so I have not tried.

Anyway, you can achieve the same distance with the TCB as the stock Tamiya system, which was the goal.

For your second question I do not understand what you mean by "display of contact," can you try to say that in a different way?
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline Deny

• View Profile
  • Russia
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 01:36:08 PM »
Luke, Excuse me for my English.
When you receive a hit, the led dimly flashes for about 3 seconds. so it must be, or control light penetration in the tank looks like something else.
Oh I hope that now clearly expressed idea.
Regards, Denis

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 01:47:29 PM »
Maybe I still do not understand, but you are correct, when a hit is received, the LEDs inside the "Apple" (normal LEDs, not IR) will glow and flash for several seconds. This is a visual indication that your model has sustained a hit. This is the same behavior for Tamiya - we are trying to follow their method as closely as possible.

It may also be useful if you are trying to test distances and such, connect your TCB to your computer and set OP Config to "Snoop" mode on the "Firmware" tab. When a hit is received, the TCB will display information about the hit on the console window (what protocol was detected, how much damage you received, how many hits have been recorded, etc...). (You must have "Print debug messages" option checked on the Misc tab).

This is where Bluetooth is also useful so your TCB does not have to be physically connected to your computer. :)

Please continue to ask questions if I did not understand you!
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline Deny

• View Profile
  • Russia
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 01:58:00 PM »
Luke, thank You very much for Your answers.
One answer I got is that the LEDs light up for a while.
But, they should be lit constantly or flashing?
Also I have the led shines very dimly.
Now I'm talking about indication a hit in the tank
Regards, Denis

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2017, 04:21:40 PM »
One answer I got is that the LEDs light up for a while. But, they should be lit constantly or flashing?
When the tank receives a hit, the Apple LEDs will flash (I call it glow). When the tank is destroyed (final hit) then the LEDs will blink on/off for 15 seconds while the tank is destroyed.

When a machine gun hit is received the LEDs blink very fast. When a Repair signal is received, the LEDs blink slowly then faster and faster during the repair.

Here is a video showing LED behavior. Let me know if you still have questions!

Open Panzer FAQs

Offline Deny

• View Profile
  • Russia
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2017, 04:58:58 PM »
Luke, thank you so much.
The response is received. The video of the whole thing.
 It's just that my led light is not very bright, so it seemed that something wrong
Regards, Denis

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2017, 05:26:49 PM »
Are you using the Tamiya apple, or your own LEDs?
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline Deny

• View Profile
  • Russia
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2017, 02:50:09 AM »
Hi, Luke.
I using own LEDs.
Regards, Denis

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2017, 11:44:41 AM »
Ok - then you should make sure you are using the correct value of current-limiting resistor. If your LED is very dim perhaps you need to lower the resistance. You will need to know the "forward voltage" (Vf) of your LED.
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline Deny

• View Profile
  • Russia
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2017, 01:40:03 PM »
Yes, you are right. The problem was in the selection of the resistance for the led
Regards, Denis