Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Offline johnnyvd

• View Profile
  • Netherlands
Dual recoil servo - Coelian & Maus
« on: September 24, 2017, 02:05:44 PM »
Hi Luke,

Would it be possible to have dual recoil servo's? Reason is i have a duo of Coelian's of which one has a free rotating servo and *nothing yet* on the other.

it would be great to OR drive separate servo's OR have two sound files playing (firing with shell dropping) where the sound file will not start if the "fire" button is released but the started file will continue playing ending with the shell dropping.
Also synchronising the two muzzle flash leds would be nice..

And there is the second scenario: E75/100 and/or Maus with dual cannon: both firing in sequence with one button OR a seperat trigger with seperate gun sound files.

Cheers, John
20170924_205059.jpg
Dual recoil servo - Coelian & Maus 20170924_205059.jpg
Views: 1099
20170606_204032.jpg
Dual recoil servo - Coelian & Maus 20170606_204032.jpg
Views: 894
* E-75 / E-100 PAK44 "monster" - in progress
* Sturmjagdtiger PAK44 - in progress
* pz.kpfw KV-2 754(r) - in progress
* T-34 88mm "Kurland Tiger" - in progress

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
Re: Dual recoil servo - Coelian & Maus
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 05:59:46 PM »
I didn't understand completely all that you said. However, if your dual cannons will fire at the same time then this is simple. You can attach more than one servo to the same output by using a "Y" servo cable. You can also attach multiple high-intensity flash units to the single output on the TCB (if you create a custom "Y" cable for them) - or to the Aux Output light if you are using LEDs instead. Without any changes to the firmware this already gives you two cannons that will fire together at the same moment (with a single sound).

But if we are to implement dual cannons that are not synchronized we will require further development of the firmware. It is not impossible, but it would be a substantial effort. To be honest I think at this moment time investment is probably not worth the payoff given how few models would implement the feature. Nevertheless I will add the idea to the to-do list so we don't forget it.

Those are some nice models though!
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline johnnyvd

• View Profile
  • Netherlands
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 06:35:28 AM »
Sorry for the confusion, combination of not being a native speaker and pure ranting..

As you could guess the guns do NOT fire at the same time. The Coelian has a dual flak-cannon that fires alternately.

What i would like is a dual servo setup so when i push the fire button they fire... alternately until i release the fire button.

Each gun triggers a SEPERATE soundfile with gun-sound and following shell drop.
So what happens is that while the first file is not yet finished playing, the other will play over it.
They also shoud trigger their own muzzle flash..

So far the theory.. But i found a (rather corny) movie clip with a 37mm gun firing:

It is unclear to me how they would be triggered in real life. I guess the Coelian would not have two gunners ;)
But the Flakvierling also had FOUR alternating guns so..

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 08:11:47 AM »
I understand what you mean now, thanks for the clarification. And your English is quite good!

I will leave this on the to-do list but as I say it will probably not get done soon. In fact synchronized sequential firing would be even more complicated than arbitrary independent firing, since we would to add some kind of timing option for the user to adjust for their cannon type and sound file length. This is of course possible but the time required to implement vs the number of people who would use it is a poor ratio...
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline johnnyvd

• View Profile
  • Netherlands
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 08:33:07 AM »
Hi Luke,

The problem i had is partially solved. It seems that the 3,7 Flakzwilling (which was used a lot by the Kriegsmarine)  always fired at the same time. Did some research and found this:

Only the Flakvierling would have sequential firing.. leaves us the separate firing dual cannons on some models (like the Maus).. But i think not many people have this model in their collection!

bomber-explosion