Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • Kansas, USA
Re: Home Build
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2019, 11:33:21 AM »
Hi Neil, I also used those cheap VNH2SP30 carrier boards when I was first testing. At some point the money you spend will equal what it would have cost you to just buy the Pololu Qik 2s12v10 which is very similar to the Scout! But then you wouldn't have the fun of coding and frying things.

The last version of the Rev 10 firmware can be found on this page (it's just a hex, use OP Config to flash it to your Arduino). You can also see the Rev 10 schematic on that page, which you will want to follow.

But, you can actually still use the code on GitHub, which will let you see how it all works. You just need to change the line at the top of the OpenPanzerScout.ino file, around line 30:

Code: [Select]
    // Motor Chip Selection
        const uint8_t MotorChipVersion =    2;          // 1 - VNH2SP30, used on Scout boards through Rev 10
                                                        // 2 - VNH5019,  used on Scout boards from    Rev 11

Set MotorChipVersion = 1 to revert to the VNH2SP30 version. In fact the only real difference is in the way it reads current draw since the two versions of the chips report it slightly differently.

Have fun testing and keep us posted on your results!
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - read why
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline johnnyvd

• View Profile
  • Netherlands
Re: Home Build
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2019, 01:20:23 AM »
Wow, i just found a good source for the Polulu in Europe: https://www.tme.eu/nl/details/pololu-1112/modulaire-motorcontrollers/pololu/qik-2s12v10-dual-serial-motor-controller/# only 66 euro's if you buy three or more..
This even comes close to building my own scouts..
* E-75 / E-100 PAK44 "monster" - in progress
* Sturmjagdtiger PAK44 - in progress
* pz.kpfw KV-2 754(r) - in progress
* T-34 88mm "Kurland Tiger" - in progress

bomber-explosion