Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Offline pandknz

• View Profile
  • Australia
Re: Assembling Boards by Hand
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2018, 07:17:53 PM »
Hi Luke

Thanks for the reply, I have purchased the TCB from Hobby King as I did the parts list and it came in at $85AUD and I got the boards made just because they were a $1 for 3 so why not, I can always just use them as borders when I apply the paste on the others (plus I got red boards so maybe I will make one later for fun, but yeah I do this as a hobby because I like to do this so cost is not a real factor within reason.

HK sell the TCB for $78AUD so its not that far off but a machine built one gives me a good base for testing the sound and scout boards which I will build.
The parts list is for the scout so thanks for confirming my list, cant believe the lead times on some of these products.

As soon as I get the boards I will post my progress, the Stug III is stripped down getting a Finnish Army paint scheme while I wait for the boards and full metal tracks wheels etc along with a few more detail parts

Cheers
Paul
 8)
Models that Move

Offline johnnyvd

• View Profile
  • Netherlands
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2018, 02:01:43 AM »
Hi Paul,

Great to see someone in action reflowing this boards. I'm very curious about your progression!
Please post some pictures and your findings while you progress!!

I'm still in the process of tuning my reflow oven and finding a way to organize the SMD components so i can build multiple boards at a time!

Good luck!

Cheers, John
* E-75 / E-100 PAK44 "monster" - in progress
* Sturmjagdtiger PAK44 - in progress
* pz.kpfw KV-2 754(r) - in progress
* T-34 88mm "Kurland Tiger" - in progress

Offline pandknz

• View Profile
  • Australia
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2018, 05:06:39 AM »
Hi John

cheers, I love new projects and this reflowing has my interest, especially the fact that I am forced to do it to get the most out of Open Panzer hardware.

I have the boards being made at Seeed and the stencils being made at OSH, all components are ordered through Digi-Key and I have ordered both a hotplate and a hot air gun/pencil to get this going. Not sure I will use an oven unless I get really good at this and a few people want to buy some boards, essentially I only need one of each.

I have also ordered 3 of those practice kits from ebay so I can get my technique right prior to unleashing on my first Scout and sound board.
But yes I will post pictures as I go, I'm away for about 10 days and when I return some of my parts might be waiting for me...hopefully  ;D

Paul
Models that Move

Offline pandknz

• View Profile
  • Australia
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2018, 06:39:04 PM »
New toys arrived today  ;D

Might start a new Topic just on my Board building experience

Sorry Luke, no Purple boards available through Seeed so I went Red to be different :)

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb21/pandknz/IMG_0681_zpsdsv110zx.jpg
Models that Move

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2018, 07:59:16 PM »
Looks good! Anyone interested, here is Paul's assembly thread.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs