Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Offline jhamm

• It´s a hobby no profession!
    • View Profile
  • Germany
Second MG
« on: July 23, 2017, 07:28:54 AM »
Hi Luke,
I have this setup:
- Cannon flash LED at AUX
- Turret Machine Gun LED at MG
The most Tanks have a second MG.
Would it be possible to use L2 or brake as the second MG?

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
Re: Second MG
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 12:34:59 PM »
The best way to implement a second MG is to use the Blink function of the Aux light.

Right now you are using the Aux for your cannon flash, but typically you would use the FLASH output instead. 

Although the FLASH output was designed for Taigen's high intensity flash units you can still use it with standard LEDs, just connect them to the NEG and TRIG pins, ignore the +5V pin.

I will consider expanding the functionality of L2. It would be easy to add a flash option for it. That would keep all your LED connections along the top row, but the Aux output would still be best for second MG.

Let me give this some more thought but in the meantime try using Flash for cannon and Aux for second MG.

NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline jhamm

• View Profile
  • Germany
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 01:23:00 PM »
Hi Luke,
if is possible to use the Flash Trigger for Cannon LED - Bingo - i am Happy.
Then i use the AUX for second MG...
Some things are so simple - you just have to know.

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 09:01:41 PM »
Jürgen, I pushed another update today, that adds an official "2nd Machine Gun" function to the function list. The second MG LED should be connected to the L2 port (I think your original suggestion was actually the best).

This function will automatically take care of a second machine gun sound if the selected sound card supports it. For the Benedini you should assign the sound to slot 11 of the 1st Coder Key in TBS Flash (otherwise called User Sound 3).

There is no IR option with the second machine gun (I doubt anyone uses this anyway), but you do have the option of specifying the blink interval on the Lights & IO tab of OP Config, so you can have different blink rates for each machine gun to match your individual sounds.

Of course you can still create a second machine gun using the Aux output as you have done. I felt it was a good idea to add this method however because it requires fewer function triggers for the user to set up, leaves the Aux output open for alternative uses, and makes it easier for me to handle the sound consistently across multiple sound devices.

Thanks for your suggestions.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline jhamm

• View Profile
  • Germany
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 12:42:40 AM »
Hello Luke,
These are very good news.
I'll try to test this tonight.
Yesterday there was no time for the hobby.

A very big thank you!

bomber-explosion