Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

TWA2016

Fully Operational Tank Requirements
« on: July 13, 2017, 02:36:27 PM »
Hi
Unless I have missed something (for which I apologise in advance) on the website and Wiki could someone provide a definitive (recommended) list of the parts  that would enable a fully operational RC Tank (sorry it is not immediately clear from the Website or the wiki and Hobbyking are selling the board with tamika cabling as an option):

Motor/Speed control
Sound/speaker
lights e.g. brake
Receiver
smoker
And other accessories e.g. leads connectors etc.

Here in the UK we like the idea and the cost of the board however at £55 approx by the time we buy any extras we may as well get an Elmod or IBU board once one factors in shipping costs etc. It could be financially unviable??

I would like to get involved with this but as i use Apple a version of OP Panzer would be appreciated for me to contemplate this as a purchase option.
Thank you

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
Re: Fully Operational Tank Requirements
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 02:56:12 PM »
Please spend some more time in the Wiki.

There is no simple answer to your question, the list of needed items depends entirely on what you personally want. At a minimum you need an RC transmitter, a compatible receiver, some kind of motor drivers to drive the treads, and all the rest depends on your setup/desires. There are multitudes of radios, receivers, motor drivers and all the rest that you can use, only you can decide what you want. Many options are presented in depth in the Wiki.

You are absolutely correct the TCB may or may not be cost-competitive with other brands when you factor in the required items.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

bomber-explosion