Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Offline Rileyelf

• View Profile
  • Brighton, UK
Re: USB Device not recognized
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2017, 07:33:53 AM »
Just for the record... I have just started playing with my board and see the same behaviour as the OP.   If I connect with snoop first I can connect after with the connect button and read and write configurations.

Thanks,
Drew.

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2017, 11:21:22 AM »
Drew, what version of Windows are you using?
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2017, 09:03:59 PM »
When either of you guys have time, give this version of OP Config a try and see if it makes any difference.

Test version: OP Config Installer

EDIT - See later post
Open Panzer FAQs

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2017, 04:21:48 PM »
I'll take a look tomorrow. Will let you know how it went  ;)
*JagdTiger 88mm PAK 43 [IN PROGRESS]
*128mm PAK 44 JagdSturmTiger [IN PROGRESS]
*SdKfz 251/22 Ausf D Pakwagen [IN PROGRESS]
*Panther II [IN PROGRESS]
*Leopard 2A6

Offline Sub

• View Profile
Tcb connection issue
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2019, 02:05:31 PM »
Hi folks.
New member, but been on rctankwarfare for yonks, been discussing an issue with Luke over there and i managed to find a fix which i believe Luke is going to post over here as it may assist someone else with the same issue as i had when he gets time.
So just to say hello and Luke i managed to get over here thx.
Sub.

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2019, 10:51:02 PM »
Hi Sub, welcome to the forum. I've moved your post over to this topic so we can have this entire discussion in one place.

Here is the testing version of OP Config that you can try: 2019_05_22_OPConfig_Setup_0-93-49_TEST

To download right click the link and select "Save Target As" and save it to your computer. When you install it will overwrite your existing version. This one is 0.93.49 TEST (you can confirm in OP Config by going to Help->About and it should read Version 0.93.49 [TEST]).

To reiterate, this version is intended for users who have to use Snoop before connecting. There is only a very minor change made and it probably won't make any difference, but it would be good for someone with that issue to test. See if you are able to Connect with this version by clicking the Connect button directly, rather than going through Snoop first.
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2019, 10:54:18 PM »
Also, Sub encountered a different issue not related to the Snoop/Connect conundrum. You can read more about his problem over on RCTankWarfare along with the solution he found. His problem was that he couldn't get the connection to work ever when starting with Snoop. He found that Windows defaulted to turning off some USB functionality as a power-saving measure, and by disabling that Windows feature he was then able to connect (albeit he has to use Snoop first).

I've posted this information in the Wiki on both the Troubleshooting page and the Connection page, in case anyone else has that same problem in the future.

Thanks Sub for figuring that out!
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline Sub

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2019, 04:36:03 PM »
Hi Luke.
Thanks for taking the time to make the test version for me to try.
I am a great fan of the Open Panzer TCB and if my efforts have helped you or any one else with a similar issue then its my pleasure, the TCB has opened up so much for me in tanking, and the scale driving characteristics and functionality are excellent.
I will download the test version as soon as i get the chance and will try it and report back.
Thx.
Sub.

Offline Sub

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2019, 06:54:00 AM »
Hi Luke.
I downloaded the TEST version and you were correct still cannot log in without going through snoop first, but I still can do that each time so will have to just keep doing it that way, at least I can now log in whenever I want which is a massive improvement than before.
Thx
Sub.

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2019, 01:27:51 PM »
Thank you anyway Sub for testing, at least now we can put this test to rest after almost 2 years of wondering!

I have several computers at home running Windows XP, 7, and 10 and for me the TCB almost always connects directly with the Connect button, probably 95% of the time. Every once in a while I will need to use Snoop but for me to really test a fix I would need to have a computer that requires Snoop every single time. Otherwise, I can make some firmware change, but then when it connects with the Connect button I don't really know - would it have connected anyway, since it usually does? Or did I fix something?

In fact there may not be a good fix for this problem. I understand what is going on, Windows is deciding to hold the device in reset mode when we connect and immediately start communicating (this is what happens when we use the Connect button). When we Snoop, we connect but don't immediately start communicating until later you hit the connect button.

I could eliminate entirely Window's ability to reset the device, but in fact this ability is necessary in one situation - when we are flashing new firmware. So if I made that change your Connect would always work, but you would not be able to update the device without manually resetting it during a very brief window of a few seconds by pushing the Reset button on the board. This would probably be inconvenient or impractical for most people, especially after the board is mounted in the model.

So it's kind of a conundrum, but at least the Snoop method works.

Thanks again for testing and reporting back, and especially thank you for figuring out the USB power saving issue earlier.
Open Panzer FAQs