Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Offline Double-J

• View Profile
  • California
First Order!
« on: July 08, 2017, 01:39:29 PM »
I just ordered my first TCB and other items from Hobby King! Actually I ordered the TCB, Turnigy 9XR Pro and a Turnigy DSSS 2.4Ghz Transmitter Module.  Still have other items to purchase, but they'll have to wait for now.  Please take a look at my spreadsheet (attached) of items and see if I'm missing anything.  (These are for a Heng Long Panther.)  Feel free to use my spreadsheet and revise to your liking!
OpenPanzerTCB-Equipment.xls
(12.5 kB ~ Downloads: 395)

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
Re: First Order!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 05:36:35 PM »
I'm not familiar with the Turnigy DSSS module you purchased, maybe it has capabilities I don't know about. I am not certain you will be able to control your FrSky receiver with it. So far as I am aware, the only modules that will control an FrSky receiver are FrSky modules (such as the XJT - if you're located in the US, get it at Aloft Hobbies or Amazon or any number of places).

New radio gear is being released all the time, and unlike in the early days of 2.4 GHs, it has now become common for one brand to make products that work with another brand's protocol. So perhaps that is the case here with the Turnigy module, but it doesn't say that in the description and none of the comments refer to that ability either. It's also listed as DSSS whereas FrSky X-series uses ACCST.

Give it a try and let us know, but if it doesn't work look into getting an XJT module.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline Double-J

• View Profile
  • California
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 11:04:51 PM »
LukeZ, thank you for that info.  I'll try it out and let you know if it works.  In the mean time I'll order the FrSky module XJT.  Hey, my first mistake and it only cost me $20!  That's a cheap lesson... let's hope I do that too often!  :)

Thor91172

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 11:37:06 AM »
Just ordered two.  This takes the place of my Arduino project.  Been anticipating the release, watching here and on RCU tanks.  :)

bomber-explosion