Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
Re: Track squeak idea?
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2017, 07:36:26 PM »
So if the trigger of the sound can be automatically done and adjusted as you have it set up to do (% of movement before the sound kicks in) that would seem ideal?
Yes my thinking is along these lines but again this will need further evaluation when I have the time.
Ok, what I've done is create several new triggers. For those new to the TCB you can read more about functions and triggers in the Wiki here.

There are two new triggers dependent on vehicle speed, Vehicle Speed Increases Above x% and Vehicle Speed Decreases Below x%, where "x%" is a percent you can specify. You could use these to start playing a sound (such as squeaking tracks) when the vehicle exceeds some speed, and then stop playing it again when it drops below some speed.

Another new trigger is Brakes Applied. You could assign this to a braking sound for instance.

If you download OP Config (or go to Help->Check for Updates if you already have it), you can see these triggers on the Functions tab.
NewTriggers.jpg
Track squeak idea? NewTriggers.jpg
Views: 1411
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline Tom

• View Profile
  • USA
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2017, 08:21:44 PM »
Luke that is awesome! This is going to be one great board. I am curious as you test this and the random squeaks which
will sound best. More user sounds will be good to free all these new options up! I wonder if a gear engage clunk sound
option working with the nudge might be interesting but hey you are doing all the work I am just thinking of ideas:)

Offline Tom

• View Profile
  • USA
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2017, 08:47:47 PM »
Minor thoughts regarding the TBS end. The repeat function for a physical on off function like turret or a machine gun via stick or switch I think can be set though the TBS as a loop or dynamic loop set with TCB triggering it "once". Or set to play once "normal" on TBS but repeated/looped via TCB. The squeaking may also be able to be set to play as dynamic looping via TBS or as one sound set to "normal" on TBS and set to "repeat" on TCB. Since I am familiar with the TBS this makes sense to me,  but may very well seem like a bunch of jibberish! Bottom line it will work either way :)

Offline Tom

• View Profile
  • USA
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2017, 10:13:45 PM »
Quick file of an idea for a stopping sound. From a actual Leopard stopping on a road with some other track noise added.
Not sure how it will actually work.. but may be something to test with.
Breaking .wav.zip
(33.75 kB ~ Downloads: 392)

Offline Tom

• View Profile
  • USA
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2017, 06:55:26 AM »
Few more breaking sound clips. 5 might be interesting. They can also be used as a turret stop sound as well.
A little note on the dynamic loop feature on the TBS it is nice as can also be used to fade a sound in loop and out.
Breaking clips.zip
(109.86 kB ~ Downloads: 387)

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2017, 12:56:29 PM »
More user sounds will be good to free all these new options up!
I've added the option now that if you choose not to use the 3 squeak slots on the TBS Mini, you can instead use those as general purpose user sounds (additional user sound functions will appear in the function list if you do not check the "enabled" checkbox for those squeaks on the Sounds tab of OP Config).

When Benedini releases his new firmware upgrade this will mean you will have up to 6 user sounds to play with.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline Tom

• View Profile
  • USA
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2017, 01:24:27 PM »
Excellent on the open use of Squeak 3 and the firmware upgrade on the Benedini too!

Offline Tom

• View Profile
  • USA
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2017, 04:50:48 PM »
 That's great..6 user definable sounds are perfect. Thanks :)

bomber-explosion