Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Offline Tom

• View Profile
  • USA
TBS/BARC crossover
« on: February 24, 2017, 08:08:28 PM »
I have been going through the sound section and a tad unsure trying to compare what I am currently
doing with the TCB set up.

I am familiar with the TBS/BARC set up and essentially want to see if I can still do all of what
I am currently doing. I hope this will all makes sense but as you are familiar with the BARC
and perhaps it is a simple as a "yes" :)

The BARC has Position 1 on right stick up/ throttle.
The left stick has similar positions as you have on the TCB

At the moment I have the engine start which is R stick pos. 1 flip up doing a cold crank
which turns the system on but no engine start up (allowing smoker to warm up)

Cannon has to be position 4

MG has to be position 5

Turret has to be 6

Elevation has to be 7

I activate the engine start up/shut down with the left stick user definable position 8

The other user definable positions of 10 and 9 I am using as track noise or cold start or some other sound such as a
rev or slow drop in idle (or music etc) I can change it around in the parameter section as all the sounds are saved in the sound file.

Some of these sounds like turret are set to "dynamic in  dynamic loop dynamic out" Cannon" normal" or "mute" for an engine rev or music sound.

My question is essentially would all of this remain the same if I wanted to keep it all
on the two sticks at first and eventually moving some of these sounds or sound/functions
to switches or add additional sounds to switches?

Sorry for the long question but perhaps it will also help answer this question or something similar somebody else may have.

BARC POSITIONS.jpg
TBS/BARC crossover BARC POSITIONS.jpg
Views: 1313

Offline Tom

• View Profile
  • USA
Re: TBS/BARC crossover
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 05:31:59 PM »
Maybe another way or shorter way to ask is: Right now with the BARC/TBS in a slot like Cannon hit.. since I am not doing IR batttle.. I can drop in what ever sound I want and trigger it as a sound only (a trumpet blast etc) Wanted to know if I can do this on the TCB or another slot like Headlight sound etc. Or are only extra slots 11/12 (user sounds 1 and 2) open for a triggered custom sound? Thanks :)

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 10:22:26 AM »
At the moment I have the engine start which is R stick pos. 1 flip up
You can set the engine to start with throttle using the "Auto Start Engine with Throttle" option on the Driving tab of OP Config. This is not precisely what you have described but perhaps close.

Cannon has to be position 4
This can be done.

MG has to be position 5
This can be done.

Turret has to be 6
This can be done.

Elevation has to be 7
This can be done.

I activate the engine start up/shut down with the left stick user definable position 8
This can be done.

The other user definable positions of 10 and 9 I am using as track noise or cold start or some other sound such as a rev or slow drop in idle (or music etc)
You could assign these two positions to the two custom-definable User Sounds. 

NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 10:28:06 AM »
Maybe another way or shorter way to ask is: Right now with the BARC/TBS in a slot like Cannon hit.. since I am not doing IR batttle.. I can drop in what ever sound I want and trigger it as a sound only (a trumpet blast etc) Wanted to know if I can do this on the TCB or another slot like Headlight sound etc. Or are only extra slots 11/12 (user sounds 1 and 2) open for a triggered custom sound? Thanks :)
Right now there are only two user sounds available for custom sounds, but Benedini is working on a firmware upgrade for the TBS Mini that will allow us to trigger a few more.

We do have a sound slot reserved for the headlight sound (which could be replaced with any other sound you want and then triggered using the headlight function). But no, right now there is no way to replace for example the cannon-hit sound with a user sound. It would not be impossible to program that, but presently that functionality doesn't exist.
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline Tom

• View Profile
  • USA
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 01:42:26 PM »
Thanks Luke! I also assume all the dynamic sound functions, mute etc. on the TBS still operate
the same. What I am seeing is on my Taigen Tank..I simply route the Elevation and Turret motor leads
into outboard motor drivers A and B. Saber for motors as outlined. LED barrel flash now plugs into TCB
port. Recoil is running directly from TBS with A4 flash pin so that can stay...and machine gun light wires
simply connect to MG port. Done! (I think :)

Offline Tom

• View Profile
  • USA
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 09:48:57 PM »
I assume when a sound is triggered using the TBS the dynamic functions will still be the same if set to that? I have machine gun
dynamic loop for repeating fire.. then dynamic out for shell dropping sound when gun stops firing. Also it seems that elevation sound
will take up  one "user sound" in the TBS parameter?

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2017, 01:15:50 PM »
Thanks Luke! I also assume all the dynamic sound functions, mute etc. on the TBS still operate
the same. What I am seeing is on my Taigen Tank..I simply route the Elevation and Turret motor leads
into outboard motor drivers A and B. Saber for motors as outlined. LED barrel flash now plugs into TCB
port. Recoil is running directly from TBS with A4 flash pin so that can stay...and machine gun light wires
simply connect to MG port. Done! (I think :)
Yes, that should all work as you suggest.
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2017, 01:19:23 PM »
I assume when a sound is triggered using the TBS the dynamic functions will still be the same if set to that? I have machine gun
dynamic loop for repeating fire.. then dynamic out for shell dropping sound when gun stops firing. Also it seems that elevation sound
will take up  one "user sound" in the TBS parameter?
The TBS dynamic functions won't be affected by the interface with our device, they will work as usual provided you have enough sound slots for them in your Mini.

There is no elevation sound specified in the current configuration which I allow is an oversight. You could assign it to a user sound but then you would have to trigger it manually which isn't ideal. However there will be an elevation sound added when Benedini releases his update, which he theoretically should before our board becomes available.
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline Tom

• View Profile
  • USA
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2017, 09:53:44 AM »
Thanks Luke. That makes sense and good to know (dynamic functions) as they add another layer of adjustability. Great on the TBS
update for elevation sound. But even if it releases later it will still address that issue. I posed this in another post but can one
adjust the TCB in real time with the tank active. Can't with TBS but apparently Elmod can which is a nice feature.

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2017, 10:56:02 AM »
I posed this in another post but can one
adjust the TCB in real time with the tank active. Can't with TBS but apparently Elmod can which is a nice feature.
See my response to the other post here.
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline Tom

• View Profile
  • USA
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2017, 08:49:49 PM »
Looking my current set up over..I think because the old taigen elevation only runs in one direction to set it up via the outboard ports on the TCB that will allow up/down for the barrel.. I think it (recoil and elevation) needs to be re-wired (more simply) as shown in the tutorial video. Then there really is no point in me using A 1 on the TBS for recoil as one plug into the TCB will do that.

bomber-explosion