Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Offline osika

• View Profile
second board overheating??
« on: December 06, 2020, 11:15:31 AM »
My second board was working fine but now overheating and it happens when detached from anything..ie. nothing external
touching anything on the board. Is there anybody on the forum who could possibly try fixing it if it was mailed to them?
Just discouraging as it was working fine but clearly something shorted out.

Offline osika

• View Profile
Re: second board overheating??
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2020, 12:19:50 PM »
oddly it then stopped overheating and shutting down after letting it sit for a while and so far not doing it again.
I hope it will continue to function properly..such a great design I just fear Hobby
King did not do a great job perhaps on execution. Thanks

Offline osika

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2020, 10:44:50 PM »
Okay somewhat figured it out! The second board was overheating only because the TBS plugs were not always in the right connections..one cable was
one pin up to high! The first board the main processor per your thoughts is shorted but I cannot find anything wrong with a glass...and that board stays hot all the time and all functions not working now. BUT the other ones are fine and that is a good thing..the TBS pins to be careful of for sure. Thanks..

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2020, 11:42:03 AM »
Hi Osika, thanks for reporting back. Getting one pin off on one of the servo connections will definitely cause a problem! I'm glad that's all it was.

You still have the one board that is overheating all the time and that sounds like a Hobby King issue but it's good to know that is an isolated case and the other boards are working as they should.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs