Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Offline vonTirpitz

• Panzer, vorwärts!
    • View Profile
  • Wilmington NC
TCB Lead Wires and Accessories
« on: February 10, 2017, 09:48:45 AM »
A question arises from my current experimentation with custom upgrades to my Taigen tank electronics...  :P

What lead wires and accessories do you envision will be sold WITH the TCB once it becomes available?  At a minimum, I would think a lead to connect the receiver and a micro-B USB extension would almost be a necessity.  Thoughts?
"The two most powerful warriors are patience and time."

-LT

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
Re: TCB Lead Wires and Accessories
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 12:54:27 PM »
Good question. The list of cables that I know will be included are:
  • Power cable (for making your own battery adapter). But the TCB will also be plug-and-play with standard Heng Long/Taigen power harnesses. In many photos on the Wiki the TCB has a screw connector for the battery inputs - but this was an earlier prototype. The production version as I say will be plug-and-play with HL/Taigen harnesses.
  • Receiver cable
  • Sabertooth cable
  • Benedini cables
  • A handful of leads to make your own LED strings with
  • A plug to convert a Taigen High-Intensity flash unit
  • Screws and standoffs
As for a USB cable I can't say yet. I had not originally intended to include one since it is such a common one and I wanted to keep costs to a minimum, but as I think about it more including one would be in keeping with our goal of making this as user-friendly as possible. It may be too late but I've put in a request at Hobby King to consider it.

There is an additional 5-cable set of Tamiya adapters that will be available. At this point I am unclear whether they will be included with the TCB as standard or sold separately, but my suggestion was to sell them separately (not everyone will need them, and some will want multiples of them, so it makes sense to have them as a separate item).
TCB_Cables.jpg
TCB Lead Wires and Accessories TCB_Cables.jpg
Views: 1016
TCB_Cables_Power.jpg
TCB Lead Wires and Accessories TCB_Cables_Power.jpg
Views: 832
Tamiya_Adapter_Set.jpg
TCB Lead Wires and Accessories Tamiya_Adapter_Set.jpg
Views: 866
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs