Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Offline Sub

• View Profile
powering a servo for opening a door from the TCB
« on: July 18, 2020, 04:14:13 PM »
Hi Luke,
I wonder if you could assist me please, I am currently building a model that requires a door to be opened on the turret of the model and was wondering if this could be achieved via the TCB and assigning a function to Open then Close it via a small servo..
I cannot use a by pass from the receiver I am using as it is an SBUS receiver ie only one set of plugs for all the channels.
cheers
sub.

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
Re: powering a servo for opening a door from the TCB
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2020, 06:49:30 AM »
Yes of course, use one of the "RC Output x - Pass-through" functions and assign it to an aux channel, such as a 2 position switch on you transmitter.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2020, 08:11:20 AM »
I should add - you will need to define your aux channel as "Analog" even if it is 2 position switch, otherwise the aux channel will not appear in the list of triggers available to assign to the RC Output function. But it is fine to do this.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline Sub

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2020, 04:34:32 PM »
Hi Luke.
Thx for getting back to me so quickly...
All sorted now thx, I just didn't read the Wiki long enough to find it in functions Doh .. i am using a Taigen sound card, so have used ports 6 and 7 as pass throughs and 8 for the Taigen card, i now have 2 extra channels, i was so impressed previously with the TCB but this just keeps on giving those that didn't try one seriously missed out in my opinion and now its compatable with the Taigen cards ( with a slight wiring mod) its unbeatable.
Thx once again and for your continued support of the product. :D
Sub.