Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Re: My first dev experience in DIY TCB for tank M26 HL
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2020, 10:31:37 AM »
Thanks. So, if i try to use an Arduino card my main issue will be connecting the external peripherals? (ESC, receiver, IR sensor, motors)

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2020, 03:00:59 PM »
Sorry for the slow reply, but yes that is correct. A very few peripherals are easy to connect, namely the receiver (assuming iBus or PPM, sBus requires another component), ESCs, and any servos you may happen to be using, though most people don't. Also the Benedini is easy to connect. By easy what I mean is you just wire it directly, as described on the first page of this thread: Testing TCB Firmware with Stock Arduino Mega

But everything else (lights, mechanical recoil, IR stuff, etc) will require other electrical components in addition to the Arduino, and at that point you are looking at making your own mini-circuits or using some kind of adapter board as some have described in the aforementioned thread. If this is your first foray into Arduino world this is not a good project to start on, but if you already have experience then you can try it so long as you don't mind tinkering and blowing time and money! 

If you do decide to experiment in that direction the thread I linked to above would be the best place to continue that discussion.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline jhamm

• It´s a hobby no profession!
    • View Profile
  • Germany
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2020, 07:27:37 AM »
Hi,
it is possible to wire one LED direct to the Arduino lights output.
A little transistor or FET is neccessary if the current for the lights is higher than 30 -50 mA.