Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Offline Rad_Schuhart

• View Profile
  • Graz, Austria.
Re: Open Source Sound Files
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2019, 02:39:49 AM »
In this particular case (smoke), I think having a sound is indeed very usefull, because it tells us that the smoke machine has been toggled on. I am using custom smoke machines that are very silent and not always work, lol, so sometimes it is handy for me to actually heard something from the tank.
Can you not simply assign a User Sound to the same trigger source you use to toggle your smoker? This is why we have 12 user sounds! You can even have a different sound for on or off.

Yep I considered that option... And even to make the transmiter play a sound too. Dont worry too much, it was just an idea.

Hi Forum, I am sounds addicted and I need an Intervention.

Offline Rad_Schuhart

• View Profile
  • Graz, Austria.
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2019, 02:51:23 PM »
Hi Luke, I am feeling stupid. I dont know how that github works, so I dont know how to upload files there. I tried to understand it several times, but I guess I need another wiki just for that, lol.

Anyway I just uploaded a small file with no less than 255 german voices. This voicepack is not my fauvorite, but I had to start somewhere, and somebody might find it usefull. Honestly I dont know the source of the three voice packs uploaded... I got them years ago. If you want to upload them to github just tell me, so once uploaded I can delete them from my google drive account.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ag10Kxs8SgAKlVWoXKRr87RG4atj

I have TONS of different sounds. How big is the biggest file we can upload there? Do we have any space limit?

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2019, 06:17:33 PM »
GitHub is definitely not for the faint of heart, I really didn't enjoy learning it myself. If anyone is curious, I use SourceTree as a client and it works well.

Anyway I don't mind uploading them for. I was able to download your file, however I noticed none of the sounds in the "2" folder are in 16 bit 44,100 Hz format. Would you like me to just discard those sounds? Or possibly you can change them, but it would take forever to do them all 80 by hand so I'm not going to volunteer for it (possibly Audacity has some scripting or macro you could use to run through them all, but I don't know).

GitHub wants us to keep a given repository under 1GB in size, and there is a hard limit of 100MB per single file. That still leaves a lot of room for small sound clips, but no need to go overboard either, you are probably the only one who will use most of these. Our main focus are the vehicle sound. Anyone can Google for random sound clips, voice recordings and music, but engine sounds have to be assembled by somebody through a laborious and skilled process, so that is where the value is.

But your German voices collection only comes to about ~15MB zipped so it's fine.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline Rad_Schuhart

• View Profile
  • Graz, Austria.
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2019, 03:54:01 AM »
Hi. I did not check the sound quality of those voice packs I uploaded. I think you can uploaded them to github like that, and if somebody wants to use the sounds, they can convert it to the required format themselves. Converting all of them is a pain, and maybe you are right and nobody is going to use them...

So I think I wont upload more voices or extra sounds until somebody requests them. Please tell me when (or if) the sounds are uploaded (sherman sounds too), so I can remove them from my one drive account

Offline johnnyvd

• View Profile
  • Netherlands
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2019, 12:34:28 AM »
So I think I wont upload more voices or extra sounds until somebody requests them. Please tell me when (or if) the sounds are uploaded (sherman sounds too), so I can remove them from my one drive account

Hi, i downloaded the german voices, would you please make the Sherman sounds available too? I really would like to use these!

*nevermind, i see that the sound sets are uploaded to Github... Thank you for sharing!
* E-75 / E-100 PAK44 "monster" - in progress
* Sturmjagdtiger PAK44 - in progress
* pz.kpfw KV-2 754(r) - in progress
* T-34 88mm "Kurland Tiger" - in progress

Offline Rad_Schuhart

• View Profile
  • Graz, Austria.
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2019, 03:28:47 AM »

Hi, i downloaded the german voices, would you please make the Sherman sounds available too? I really would like to use these!

*nevermind, i see that the sound sets are uploaded to Github... Thank you for sharing!

Hi, I have literally hundreds of more american german and russian voices. I could upload them too.

I am glad somebody likes them too!

bomber-explosion