Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Offline legrosminet

• View Profile
  • brives - france
Re: turn and forward problem
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2019, 07:05:57 AM »
bonjour à tous,

donc j'ai effectué plusieurs essais.

pour commencer j'ai remarqué que lorsque je fais le test avec la fonction snoop et que j'avance la colonne gauche annonce +100 et la colonne droite -100, alors que les 2 pistes avance dans le même sens.
un problème de polarité d'un des moteurs ??

j'ai implanté le firmware er9x, avec le fichier eepe de LukeZ, et ça ne fonctionne pas, normal je n'ai pas de module PXX/XJT

il est vrai que j'utilise le receveur FS-A8S (https://hobbyking.com/fr_fr/catalogsearch/result/?cat=&q=FS-A8S)
avec l'emetteur de la turnigy 9x (https://hobbyking.com/fr_fr/turnigy-9x-9ch-transmitter-w-module-ia8-receiver-mode-2-afdhs-2a-system.html)

bref dans l'absolu, la carte fonctionne bien, la radio fonctionne bien, le parametrage de la radio n'est pas bon.

et je continu a chercher

cordialement
legrosminet

Hello everyone,

so I did several tests.

for starters i noticed that when i do the test with the snoop function and that I advance the left column announces 100 and the right column -100, while the 2 tracks advance in the same direction.
a polarity problem of one of the motors ??

I implanted the firmware er9x, with the file eepe of LukeZ, and it does not work, normal I do not have a module PXX / XJT

it is true that I use the receiver FS-A8S (https://hobbyking.com/en_fr/catalogsearch/result/?cat=&q=FS-A8S)
with the transmitter of the 9x turnigy (https://hobbyking.com/en/turnigy-9x-9ch-transmitter-w-module-ia8-receiver-mode-2-afdhs-2a-system.html)

short in the absolute, the card works well, the radio works well, the setting of the radio is not good.

and I continue to search

cordially
legrosminet

Offline legrosminet

• View Profile
  • brives - france
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2019, 02:08:45 PM »
LukeZ,
si je prends ce materiel

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/frsky-xjt-2-4ghz-combo-pack-for-jr-w-telemetry-module-x8r-8-16ch-s-bus-accst-telemetry-receiver.html?wrh_pdp=7

que j'installe sur ma turnigy 9x flashé en ER9X avec ton fichier de prog
je résous tous mes problèmes ?

cordialement
legrosminet

LukeZ,
if I take this material

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/frsky-xjt-2-4ghz-combo-pack-for-jr-w-telemetry-module-x8r-8-16ch-s-bus-accst-telemetry-receiver.html? wrh_pdp = 7

that I install on my turnigy 9x flashed ER9X with your prog file
I solve all my problems?

cordially
legrosminet

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2019, 02:21:20 PM »
The XJT is a good module and I use it myself. But it is not necessary to buy, you can use your existing module.

I realize now the setting file I gave you will need to be adjusted. Go into Model Setup on your transmitter, select the Protocol menu, then change the "Proto" setting from XJT (what I was using) to PPM 8CH (what your module uses).

You can confirm whether your radio is working just by plugging a servo into your receiver, ignore the TCB for now. Get your radio working first, then proceed to working on the tank.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline legrosminet

• View Profile
  • brives - france
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2019, 03:06:02 PM »
The XJT is a good module and I use it myself. But it is not necessary to buy, you can use your existing module.

I realize now the setting file I gave you will need to be adjusted. Go into Model Setup on your transmitter, select the Protocol menu, then change the "Proto" setting from XJT (what I was using) to PPM 8CH (what your module uses).

You can confirm whether your radio is working just by plugging a servo into your receiver, ignore the TCB for now. Get your radio working first, then proceed to working on the tank.

désolé
j'ai fait le test la radio ne veux rien savoir.

cependant lorsque je reprogramme la radio avec le firmware tanker9x toute les fonctions fonctionnent sauf le fait de tourner en avancant ou reculant.

le problème est frustrant, soit le firmware se charge mal ou il est corrompu.

cordialement
legrosminet

sorry
I did the test the radio does not want to know anything.

however when I reprogram the radio with the firmware tanker9x all the functions work except to turn forward or backward.

the problem is frustrating, either the firmware is loading badly or it is corrupt.

cordially
legrosminet

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2019, 03:11:50 PM »
It would probably be better to just create a new model in er9x rather than use my setting file, because my file probably has something different that doesn't work on your transmitter, or maybe it was made in a different version of er9x.

Alternatively you can try to figure out what the problem is with tanker9x and undo whatever mix or setting is preventing the turning from working.

With tanker9x on your transmitter, connect to OP Config and click Read Radio on the Radio tab. Now move the throttle stick forward and move the turn stick. Do you see the channels moving on the screen correctly? Or is the turn channel ignored when throttle is active?
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline legrosminet

• View Profile
  • brives - france
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2019, 04:44:53 PM »
avec tanker, lorsque je déplace le stick sur ma radio ça s'affiche dans opconfig
en fait tout fonctionne sauf le fait de tourner et avançant
legrosminet

with tanker, when I move the stick on my radio it appears in opconfig
in fact everything works except turning and advancing
legrosminet

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2019, 04:54:09 PM »
To be clear - do you see both turning and advancing at the same time in OP Config? Or does it appear the turning channel remains stationary while advancing the throttle channel?
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline legrosminet

• View Profile
  • brives - france
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2019, 12:46:40 AM »
tout a fait.

Lorsque ma radio utilise le firmware tanker : le throttle et le steering d'opconfig bouge, mais le steering n'est pas appliqué aux moteurs.

lorsque j'utilise un autre firmware er9x par exemple, le plus souvent la radio n'est même pas détectée par opconfig, comme si elle n'était pas bind.

je soupçonne de plus en plus ma radio d'être à l'origine du problème.

lergrosminet

absolutely.

When my radio uses the firmware tanker: the throttle and the steering of opconfig moves, but the steering is not applied to the engines.

when i use another firmware er9x for example, most often the radio is not even detected by opconfig, as if it was not bind.

I suspect more and more my radio is causing the problem

legrosminet

Offline Rad_Schuhart

• View Profile
  • Graz, Austria.
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2019, 02:42:01 AM »
Hi Legrosminet...

If you are very very stuck, you can always can send the hardware to me. The radio, receivers, the open panzer board and the ESCs.

It should not take me more than a day to sort it out.

Just cover the shipping both ways and done, I dont want any extra Euro. France-Austria should not be toooo expensive.

Regarding your er9x problem not binding. Are you sure you are selecting the correct protocol in the menu?
Also, how are you binding, pressing the button in the module, or selecting bind in the radio?

In other order of things, your module should work, but instead of the Frsky module that Luke recommends, Id go for a multiprotocol module https://www.banggood.com/IRangeX-IRX4-2_4G-CC2500-NRF24L01-A7105-CTRF6936-4-IN-1-Multiprotocol-STM32-TX-Module-With-Case-p-1197130.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN

I use two of them and work good with most of the brands.

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2019, 02:16:53 PM »
We still have too many variables to make an accurate diagnosis. All troubleshooting requires elimination of possibilities until only the problem remains. Right now we have translation difficulties, radio uncertainty, and possibly though unlikely maybe a TCB bug.

Minet you need to understand how your radio works and exactly what it is doing before we can either A) eliminate the radio as a potential source of the problem or B) fix whatever is incorrect about the radio setup. Keep experimenting. It would be best if we could use something other than tanker9x but right now you are not yet proficient at other operating systems, so that needs to be addressed.

In the meantime, here is another test firmware to try on your TCB (see below). With this version you will now see 4 columns in Snoop while driving:
Drive Command - [Drive Speed] - Turn Command - [Turn Amount]

The Commands are what the TCB recognizes from your radio for the channels you have assigned to throttle and steering. The drive speed and turn amount are what the TCB has decided should be the output - they don't always equal the command because you might have inertia enabled, or speed limits, etc... In the screenshot below you can see that I am moving forward and turning left. Negative turn values mean left, positive turn values mean right. Negative drive values mean reverse, positive drive values mean forward.

Try moving forward and turn at the same time and take a screenshot. Maybe this will tell us something useful.
Test2.jpg
turn and forward problem Test2.jpg
Views: 2029
2019_05_31_tcbmk1_TEST_0-93-50C.hex
(291.93 kB ~ Downloads: 302)
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline legrosminet

• View Profile
  • brives - france
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2019, 04:18:45 PM »
en pièce jointe les fichiers des copies d'écran

1/ marche avant
2/ marche arrière
3/ plein gauche
4/ plein droit
5/ avant puis droit
6/ avant puis gauche
7/ gauche puis avant
8/ droit puis avant

j'ai de nouveau essayé via E9RX et installé les voies simples dans la prog, impossible de faire quelque chose, sur opconfig il voit les voies mais sont figées
avec tanker ça fonctionne avec  les résultats

legrosminet

attached files screenshots

1 / forward
2 / reverse
3 / full left
4 / full right
5 / before then right
6 / before then left
7 / left then before
8 / right then before

I tried again via E9RX and installed the simple ways in the prog, impossible to do anything, on opconfig he sees the channels but are frozen
with tanker it works with the results

legrosminet
1-MARCHE AVANT.PNG
turn and forward problem 1-MARCHE AVANT.PNG
Views: 1207
2-MARCHE ARRIERE.PNG
turn and forward problem 2-MARCHE ARRIERE.PNG
Views: 1130
3-GAUCHE.PNG
turn and forward problem 3-GAUCHE.PNG
Views: 1107
4-DROIT.PNG
turn and forward problem 4-DROIT.PNG
Views: 1112
5-AVANT DROIT.PNG
turn and forward problem 5-AVANT DROIT.PNG
Views: 475
6-AVANT GAUCHE.PNG
turn and forward problem 6-AVANT GAUCHE.PNG
Views: 497
7-GAUCHE AVANT.PNG
turn and forward problem 7-GAUCHE AVANT.PNG
Views: 483
8-DROIT AVANT.PNG
turn and forward problem 8-DROIT AVANT.PNG
Views: 485

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2019, 05:24:03 PM »
Finally, we have discovered the problem. You have steering and throttle channels mixed. It explains all your symptoms. When you move the stick forward, what you are actually doing is performing a neutral turn. If you had disabled neutral turns you wouldn't even have been able to move forward or backwards.

In OP Config, change Throttle to Order 2 and change Steering to Order 1. That should fix your problem. You will probably also have to change the polarity of one of your motors (just swap the two motor wires).

Let me know how this works.

Open Panzer FAQs

Offline legrosminet

• View Profile
  • brives - france
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2019, 05:28:41 PM »
merci
je teste cela demain  et je vous tiens au courant
legrosminet

thank you
I'm testing this tomorrow and I'll let you know
legrosminet

Offline legrosminet

• View Profile
  • brives - france
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2019, 01:38:31 AM »
bonjour LukeZ

j'ai modifié les voies dans openpanzer comme vous me l'avez demandé, j'ai changé aussi la polarité d'un moteur et ...

ça fonctionne parfaitement !, il avance en tournant un diminuant la vitesse de rotation d'une des voie.

il n'y a juste que le rotation sur place qui fait stick a gauche tank vers la droite mais cela ne me préoccupe absolument pas.

je vous remercie du temps et de la patience que vous avez eu avec moi sur ce problème.
en espérant que cela peut résoudre le problème d'autres personnes.

cordialement
legrosminet

Hello LukeZ

I changed the way in openpanzer as you asked me, I changed also the polarity of an engine and ...

it works perfectly !, it advances by turning a decreasing speed of rotation of one of the ways.

there is just the rotation on the spot that stick stick left tank to the right but it does not concern me absolutely.

I thank you for the time and patience you had with me on this problem.
hoping that this can solve the problem of other people.

cordially
legrosminet

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2019, 07:38:38 AM »
I am very glad to hear it! Often we find the most difficult problems have the solutions most simple. Thank you for your perseverance. I knew we would find the answer eventually.

Hopefully this does indeed help others. I wold be interested to hear from Juanillor what his results have been.

il n'y a juste que le rotation sur place qui fait stick a gauche tank vers la droite mais cela ne me préoccupe absolument pas.
Google did not translate this line very well. It sounds like your turning direction is reversed, but only for neutral turn? You can change polarity of motors or reverse channels in OP Config, but if it turns correctly when you advance, it should also turn correctly in neutral turns.

Open Panzer FAQs