Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Trouble some TCB
« on: April 09, 2019, 12:30:22 AM »
Defective board or is it just me? So far I’ve tried the following.
Purchased the board back in November from Hobby King. Then read all the Wiki pages on setting up.
Set up the radio Flysky FS-i6X in accordance with instructions and watched the orange leds flash when data transferred to TCB.
TCB connected to Sabertooth 2x25 via serial cable daub set on misc page of op config. Blue led flashes when throttle moved but no movement of motors of red or green leds.
Reset radio to factory settings just in case and then went through set up again still no movement.
Used the snoop function which showed all commands being actioned but no movement of motors.
Decided to try factory reset of TCB as per instructions but no flashing of leds as per instructions.
Sabertooth working correctly when connected directly to receiver. FS-IA6B.

Anyone got any other ideas I can try.

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • Kansas, USA
Re: Trouble some TCB
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 12:58:47 AM »
Blue led flashes when throttle moved but no movement of motors of red or green leds.
If the blue LED you're referring to is the one on the Sabertooth, I don't think it gives much useful information. There is a also a blue LED on the TCB that simply indicates if data is being sent out the MOTOR serial port, but not all data sent to the Sabertooth necessarily leads to movement. What interests me about your statements is that you are not seeing anything on the Red and Green LEDs on the TCB. Those do provide information about vehicle movement as described in the Wiki. If they are not doing anything, then the TCB is not trying to move.

Have you assigned a trigger to the Engine On function? Note that nothing will happen until you explicitly command the TCB to "start the engine." You can assign this to a switch or you can have the engine automatically start when you move the throttle (this setting is on the Driving tab).

Make sure you also have the dipswitches on the Sabertooth set correctly.

I'm sure whatever the issue is it's something very simple and we will figure it out shortly.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 07:32:04 AM »
Not sure how or why but I started over again and it’s now working. I seemed to be doing everything the same as before, except for engine start on throttle. The tank moves back and forth but the green and red leds are still not illuminating but I can live with that.
I can play about with it now and try things out.
NHXEGY
Thanks for the advice

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • Kansas, USA
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 02:07:22 PM »
I seemed to be doing everything the same as before, except for engine start on throttle.
Well that is not quite everything the same as before, that would be a change which both points to the original issue and solved it.

As for the absence of moving indicators on the red and green LEDs - that is certainly not normal behavior. Do the red and green LEDs ever light up at all under any circumstance? I am wondering if the factory installed them backwards. That is not something anyone else has reported so it seems unlikely, but I can't think of any other reason they would fail to light.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 02:52:25 PM »
I had it running for a bit on the floor and didn’t notice the red and green lights flashing at all. Certainly doesn’t seem to effect its running and when the tank is closed up they won’t be visible.