Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Offline Lotuswins

• View Profile
  • Roseburg, oregon
Re: Motor Noise
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2019, 11:00:13 AM »
Luke,

That was QUICK!!

And a video to boot.....thank you so much.

So I pulled down the Panther, ran the turret/gun elevation around/up & down and FINALLY got it to misbehave (I was worried since this time it took a few minutes...go figure).  And then I downloaded the latest firmware and loaded, and of course, OPConfig needed the latest version, and of course, my anti virus (AVG) said it needed to check out the new software since it MAY have malware.....sheeze.   Eventually, all loaded and ready to test:

I mapped channel 8 to the IR toggle on Aux 4, checked and it turns on (slow then fast blink) and off (fast then slow blink)....check

I snooped and it shows 'cannon fire (IR)' or just 'cannon fire '....check

Then checked IR output with another tank, and receive/hit.....all works good.  .....check

Pulled out the multimeter, and yes the voltage on the signal pin is now at 5v, either with IR enabled or disabled. .....check

So far, it has not misbehaved, and I ran about 5 minutes or so, and the Panther was the most active.  I'll update all my other tanks (9), this week and see if the SU or the Pershing still have issues, but I think it is now fixed. 

This is so great....now, about that rumor?

Thanks again!!

Jerry

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2019, 03:59:26 PM »
Great! Keep me posted but hopefully this does put an end to this pernicious problem.

As for the rumor - since HK discontinued the TCB I have had so far 4 commercial entities express "interest" in the project, although in a few cases that might be too strong a word, maybe just "curiosity" would be more accurate. But none have expressed a clear "intent" let alone a "plan" or "commitment" to produce.

For whatever reason, some operating in the RC tank space enjoy saying and predicting all sorts of things of which little may ever come true or else be years away. I have never understood the business logic behind this approach and I suspect there is none. Whether that tendency is related to this rumor or not, I don't know. I'm not familiar with the user in question and I don't know who he's been talking to.

My policy is to attempt to avoid predictions or saying anything of which I am not absolutely certain. This is so that over time my word may hopefully be taken to be something valuable and trustworthy. But as cautious as I am even I got burnt when Hobby King under-delivered on what I had felt safe to promise the public. So it is difficult for one to be too cautious with their words.

While I certainly do hope we can get the TCB re-started again, not to mention the other OP products, the honest truth from the horse's mouth is that I am not aware of a clear path forward at this moment. If the RCTankWarfare rumor is accurate even in its general impression then somebody knows something I don't.

NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline Lotuswins

• View Profile
  • Roseburg, oregon
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2019, 09:42:13 PM »
Hi Luke,

Thanks for the explanation on the rumor....too bad something isn't happening.

Back to the topic at hand, I ran the Panther today, all is good, and all my other tanks worked flawlessly re: the random hit scenario...  Great work, BTW.

A small issue did pop up though, not related to this, so perhaps I should start a new thread?  When Airsoft is disabled, all is good, but after enabling, and shooting with it while moving only, the track recoil will no longer coordinate with the sound and the airsoft shot when sitting still, but instead the track recoil timing changes and occurs initially, when you hit the cannon fire switch. 

It won't reset to the proper coordination unless you turn the tank power off and on, then it will coordinate again.  Very repeatable, so that is really good....Apparently something changes when the tank is moving and you fire the airsoft, setting the timing for the recoil to occur initially on cannon fire instead of waiting for the airsoft switch to open?

Thanks again,  Jerry

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2019, 07:19:02 PM »
A small issue did pop up though, not related to this, so perhaps I should start a new thread?  When Airsoft is disabled, all is good, but after enabling, and shooting with it while moving only, the track recoil will no longer coordinate with the sound and the airsoft shot when sitting still, but instead the track recoil timing changes and occurs initially, when you hit the cannon fire switch. 

It won't reset to the proper coordination unless you turn the tank power off and on, then it will coordinate again.  Very repeatable, so that is really good....Apparently something changes when the tank is moving and you fire the airsoft, setting the timing for the recoil to occur initially on cannon fire instead of waiting for the airsoft switch to open?
Thanks Jerry, your clear description did make it straightforward to identify the bug that was causing this. I've posted a TCB firmware update that should fix it. I actually haven't tested it so let me know if doesn't work, but it should. 
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline Lotuswins

• View Profile
  • Roseburg, oregon
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2019, 11:33:41 PM »
Hi Luke,

Thanks for the kind words, and especially for the programming.  All tested perfect, and 7 airsoft+IR tanks are updated. 

Thanks again,

Jerry

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2019, 05:00:54 PM »
Great! Thanks for letting me know. Always feels good to make progress and we have done quite a bit in this thread.
Open Panzer FAQs