Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Offline sergevk

• View Profile
  • Russia
Ideas for new triggers and functions
« on: February 17, 2019, 10:20:18 AM »
Hello there,

I'd like to share couple of ideas to TCB:
- Function to limit max speed. It can be useful for slow movements. It can be one function with limit 50% of speed, (or three for example: 25%, 50%, 75%).
- Triggers for turn lights (two triggers for left and right turns). Turn lights, i think, can be connected to extrnal output A & B.
- Triggers for forward and reverse movements

Thank you.

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
Re: Ideas for new triggers and functions
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 02:10:04 PM »
Hi Sergey, thanks for the good suggestions. I think these should not be too difficult to add.

As for the turn lights, do you plan for them to blink in the same manner they do on cars? Presently there is no blink function for the A/B outputs, only on/off. You could use the Aux output for one turn signal and the MG2 output for the other turn signal, since both of those already have blink functions. Otherwise I would need to add some blink functions for A/B also.

In addition to the four triggers you list, it seems that two others will probably also be necessary - "stop" and "not turning." Those will be required to undo whatever command you issue with the forward/reverse or left/right triggers.

NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2019, 02:16:09 PM »
- Function to limit max speed. It can be useful for slow movements. It can be one function with limit 50% of speed, (or three for example: 25%, 50%, 75%).
Also, I think your suggestion is a good idea, but in the meantime you may also want to experiment with Inertia/Momentum profiles. Setting high levels of Inertia (with medium to high levels of Momentum) makes it easy to drive very slow in a smooth manner. You can have two profiles so one for slow driving and one for normal, and switch between them while driving.
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline sergevk

• View Profile
  • Russia
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 05:18:21 AM »
Luke, thank you for reply,

As for the turn lights, do you plan for them to blink in the same manner they do on cars? Presently there is no blink function for the A/B outputs, only on/off. You could use the Aux output for one turn signal and the MG2 output for the other turn signal, since both of those already have blink functions. Otherwise I would need to add some blink functions for A/B also.
I thinked about two variants with A/B outputs - blinking leds or some small scheme, which will blinks normal led. But your propositions very interesting (to configure blink on A/B outputs or use MG and AUX ports)

In addition to the four triggers you list, it seems that two others will probably also be necessary - "stop" and "not turning." Those will be required to undo whatever command you issue with the forward/reverse or left/right triggers.

Yes, you absolutely right

Also, I think your suggestion is a good idea, but in the meantime you may also want to experiment with Inertia/Momentum profiles. Setting high levels of Inertia (with medium to high levels of Momentum) makes it easy to drive very slow in a smooth manner. You can have two profiles so one for slow driving and one for normal, and switch between them while driving.
I'll try to playing with these settings, thank you.

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2019, 08:56:17 PM »
Hi Sergey, these features have been added. You will need to update both OP Config and TCB firmware (new version 0.93.45). Be sure to save a copy of your settings from the TCB before updating, because the new firmware will cause them to be erased.

Open Panzer FAQs

Offline sergevk

• View Profile
  • Russia
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2019, 05:10:50 AM »
Hi Luke, thank you for your work. I've tested at the moment only speed limits - works perfectly, as expected. Planing to test other features in nearest future. Thank you again!

bomber-explosion