Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Offline larryzhou

• View Profile
  • Shanghai
Re: 24v Battery, Futaba Sbus receiver
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2019, 09:46:07 AM »
finally, I found it is working with r2008sb.

r2008sb has only sbus, not like the r3008sb which also supports sbus2.

However, only 2 out of 8 position switches, 1 rotary knob can be recognized by OP config. I will try the Delta8 receiver some days later.

Offline jhamm

• It´s a hobby no profession!
    • View Profile
  • Germany
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2019, 11:10:45 AM »
Hi,
my experience with every FrSky SBus-Reciever:
all 16 Channels is full supported by TCB

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2019, 12:04:28 PM »

However, only 2 out of 8 position switches, 1 rotary knob can be recognized by OP config. I will try the Delta8 receiver some days later.
It will work with R3008SB if you configure it correctly. 3008 still uses original SBus out the "8/SB" port, and even so-called "SBus2" is not a different protocol, it is the very same thing only it accepts 2-way traffic. Did you try both CH mode B and D? You have not told us.

Every manufacturer is different in how many channels they pass through over the SBus connection. The 10J is FHSS and is considered to be in Futaba's budget line of transmitters (although it is still ridiculously expensive). Possibly it only passes 8 channels over SBus, or even less. Even without SBus, the 10J has rather more physical controls (13) than it does actual channels (10), so inevitably many of the switches are not going to be used or else you need to configure which ones are transmitted.

It is not clear to me the Delta 8 is going to give you anything different, if the limitation is with your transmitter.

NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline larryzhou

• View Profile
  • Shanghai
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2019, 06:44:28 PM »

It will work with R3008SB if you configure it correctly. 3008 still uses original SBus out the "8/SB" port, and even so-called "SBus2" is not a different protocol, it is the very same thing only it accepts 2-way traffic. Did you try both CH mode B and D? You have not told us.

Every manufacturer is different in how many channels they pass through over the SBus connection. The 10J is FHSS and is considered to be in Futaba's budget line of transmitters (although it is still ridiculously expensive). Possibly it only passes 8 channels over SBus, or even less. Even without SBus, the 10J has rather more physical controls (13) than it does actual channels (10), so inevitably many of the switches are not going to be used or else you need to configure which ones are transmitted.

It is not clear to me the Delta 8 is going to give you anything different, if the limitation is with your transmitter.

I just looked up at Futaba’s web and found out the R2008sb only supports 8 CH although it has Sbus. It makes sense why only 3 switches works now.

Now I need to save for a 16SZ or 18SZ.hahaha

I will try another 3008 later ,just in case the one I tried is a fake one.

Offline bayou

• View Profile
  • Germany
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2019, 02:20:01 AM »
Hello Larry

i have already built in what you are asking for.
radio: Futaba T10J
receiver: R3008SB and also a Cooltech RSF08SB
connected via SBUS to the TCB.

soon i'll test it with some other Futaba RC's and cooltech or corona receivers

no problems. works great great. configuration like shown in the wiki

regards Ulrich

Hi Ulrich

Glad your setup works.
May I ask the configuration of your setup.

1. Is there a switch or setting in T10J which can force the radio using Sbus. Or is it done automatically?
2. Which mode of 3008 you set to? Is it mode 2?
3. Did you purchase the Tcb most recently? Mine is HobbyKing’s 2019 Jan stock.

Many thanks.

Larry

Hi Larry.

sorry for the late feedback.
1. no -  but you have two connectors for SBUS. normal SBUS and SBUS2. which one have you used?
(at the moment i am using the cooltech rec and this one uses "only" S-FHSS - the Futaba 3008 T-FHSS. it is too expensive for a tank and i need it for copters and plains ;-))
2. yes it is an orignal Mode 2
3. no, it is older. it is from early 2018 (got 2 more - ordered in Nov and Dec '18 but not tested at all)

Offline larryzhou

• View Profile
  • Shanghai
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2019, 07:48:34 PM »

Hi Larry.

sorry for the late feedback.
1. no -  but you have two connectors for SBUS. normal SBUS and SBUS2. which one have you used?
(at the moment i am using the cooltech rec and this one uses "only" S-FHSS - the Futaba 3008 T-FHSS. it is too expensive for a tank and i need it for copters and plains ;-))
2. yes it is an orignal Mode 2
3. no, it is older. it is from early 2018 (got 2 more - ordered in Nov and Dec '18 but not tested at all)

Hi, Ulrich

I connected it to the 8/Sbus port on the r3008sb. I got out another 3008 inside my Tamiya Sherman. I will try again.

ha

Larry

Offline bayou

• View Profile
  • Germany
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2019, 04:32:17 PM »
Hi Larry.

Does it work now?

regards
Ulrich

Offline larryzhou

• View Profile
  • Shanghai
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2019, 09:16:31 PM »
Hi Larry.

Does it work now?

regards
Ulrich

Ha,

no, not yet. assemble the wiring, etc, at the moment.