Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Offline slayer431

• View Profile
  • Arizona
Radio Help
« on: December 01, 2018, 03:15:43 PM »
Hey everyone  I appreciate any help I can get, I don't know if the radio setting or setting on the TCB need to be switched. I have a turnigy 9x and a turnigy IA8 2.4 8 channel receiver. The transmitter is on PPM with PPM i bus. When I connect to the TCB and read radio channels 1-4 are perfect and 5-8 all seem to work  on 1 toggle switch. If you switch the toggle 5 through 8 move together. I cant seem to get the individual toggles to work. Any ideas?? Thanks
20181201_140021.jpg
Radio Help 20181201_140021.jpg
Views: 1057

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
Re: Radio Help
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 03:56:07 PM »
This sounds like a setup issue within your transmitter itself. I'm assuming you're using the stock Turnigy firmware on your transmitter, which I am not familiar with. You'll need to go into the transmitter menus and make sure channels 5-8 are assigned to distinct physical controls, right now it sounds like they are all mixed to a single toggle. Look at Page 13 of this manual under the heading "Aux-CH" and see if you can modify that menu on your radio.

Also, the specs on the iA8 receiver are a bit unclear on the Hobby King website. They say it supports four output types - regular PWM, PPM, SBus and iBus. That seems unlikely to me, not that it doesn't work, just that as usual Chinese documentation/instructions are poor. You may need to experiment with the different protocol settings in the transmitter (I don't know what they will be, I don't have this radio myself, but just try the different ones and see if that makes a difference).

I know of at least one other user with this same radio, but he upgraded the transmitter firmware to er9x so his comments won't be of much help to you, but he indicates he did get it to work with the stock firmware also.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline uglyduck

• View Profile
  • US
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 09:28:30 PM »
I think I can help with this.  I have the mode 1 version of the 9x and had the same issue.  The aux channels aren't activated out of the box.  You activate them by holding "menu" then switch to: "func setting> page 2/2> aux-ch".  aux-ch is on the second page, bottom right.  In there you can assign the auxiliary channel to the switch you want.  Look at the labels on the two position switches and pot switches that are physically on your radio. They'll correspond the menu options i.e. "gear, thro hold" etc.  null means the switch isn't assigned to a channel.
-Mitch-

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 10:32:12 PM »
Thank you very much Mitch for posting the solution, it's always appreciated when other users provide answers for each other!
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs