Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Offline Lotuswins

• View Profile
  • Roseburg, oregon
OPConfig default OPZ file location
« on: October 24, 2018, 04:32:03 PM »
Hi again Luke,

Sorry for the bother, but I just updated the OP Config, and now it doesn't take me to where my files are stored (Programfiles (x86)>Openpanzer>OPConfig), but instead goes directly to Desktop?  How can we set the default location so we don't have to track down the file location each time? The earlier version would take me right there each time. 

Thanks, Jerry

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
Re: OPConfig default OPZ file location
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 01:01:06 PM »
There was indeed a deliberate change made in this area recently. The behavior you previously had is not universal, specifics of your Windows setup also have an effect and for some it would not save the last location or the last location was not where you would want it. Forcing it to the desktop was a convenient solution for me, but I will think about how it might have been done better and let you know if I make an update.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline Lotuswins

• View Profile
  • Roseburg, oregon
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2018, 02:32:59 PM »
Hi Luke, thanks for the reply.  If I could somehow edit the folder location in the Details section of the OP Config shortcut, that would be ideal....but I cannot seem to be able to do it?  I'm not too windows literate!!   jerry

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 05:24:05 PM »
Yeah, that won't work, I need to make a change within OP Config so that it remembers your last location. Right now it is hard-coded to the Desktop. Before that I was just leaving it up to Windows, apparently your Windows was nice enough to remember your last location, but my Windows was no so nice and invariably took me to some deep sub-folder that was useless.

I haven't had much time recently but this is on my list for when I get back to it.

In the meantime as a work-around you could put a shortcut to your preferred folder on your desktop, at least then it will be a quick double-click to get to it.
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 03:27:06 PM »
Hi Jerry, finally got around to adding this functionality in the latest release (v0.93.42). OP Config will now remember where you last saved/opened an OPZ file, it defaults to the desktop the first time you run it but afterwards remembers wherever you went to last.

It will also now remember whether you prefer to have the header shown/hidden.

As always, let me know if you have any issues.
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline Lotuswins

• View Profile
  • Roseburg, oregon
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2018, 09:39:24 PM »
Hi Luke,  It works like a treat!!  Thanks so much.....jerry

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France