Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Offline pandknz

• View Profile
  • Australia
Heng Long IR upper Hull to TCB
« on: October 05, 2018, 10:20:13 AM »
Hi

I have a IR upper hull with a recoil and I am trying to work out the best way to wire it up, at first I thought the Taigen set would be the same but I have a two stage micro switch, is the extra part a signal for the IR?
If so should I wire it up the same as a taigen and leave the extra wire from the second stage of the switch for the IR?

Also, how do I activate the motor b on the TCB? Im pretty sure I have it set up right but I don't get any power from it.

Thanks
Paul
Models that Move

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
Re: Heng Long IR upper Hull to TCB
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 02:54:51 PM »
Paul, see the Wiki page on mechanical recoil units such as those used in IR turrets, there are photos and even an instructional video on how to wire these so they are compatible with the TCB. The standard Heng Long/Asiatam/Taigen design does use two micro switches, but only one is needed for the TCB as is explained in the video. If you have some kind of different unit than is show there then I don't know about it, perhaps you can post some more information.

As for Motor B it depends on what you are trying to use it for. If you are trying to use it for barrel elevation, just select "Built in Driver (Motor B)" for the Barrel Elevation motor selection on the Motors tab of OP Config. Then you can control it with whatever stick on your radio is assigned to barrel elevation.

If you want to use it independently for some other purpose, then you need to assign something else to the barrel elevation motor, and then several Motor B functions will appear in the Function list, to which you can assign aux channel triggers or any other suitable trigger.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

bomber-explosion