Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Offline KeesK

• View Profile
  • Nehterlands
IR battle without apple
« on: September 28, 2018, 01:41:43 PM »
Hallo Tankers
This being my first OP project I used the "Jagdpanther" form Heng Long because it is very spacious.
I took every thing out except for the drive train and use the OP TCB instead.
To drive the motors I use an Arduino shield, Dual Channel Hbridge Mosfet, and instead of using the Arduino Uno I use the Arduino pro mini, so it is less bulky
To do so I cut of the pins from the shield and put the mini between the female headers.
I use postion 1 and 2 from the RC output to be read by the Arduino pro mini and process it as an PWM signal for the H bridge
As a receiver I use the FlySky iBus receiver, this is very small and works fine for me.
The biggest investment was the Benedinie sound module.
As for the apple, I didn't like that because it does not belong to the tank. Instead I use 4 sensors, TSOP4838, on the position of the periscopes of the tank. An exception was the front one it gives to less free view, instead I put this one on the chest of the tankcommander disguised as camara.
The hitligths I put in the ventlator opening in the top of the roof, they are hardly visible, only when the give light it is very clear.
To do so i positioned 6 very small red SMD leds under the cover of the ventilation.
The IR led is placed in a small brass tube in the muzzle break, I use the TSAL6100 IR led for this.
The 4 sensors are place parallel and give a 360 degree sensetivity.
The IR led has a range of about 25 meters.
The pictures shows the tank in a small diorama
May be for som other tankers an idee to disgard the "big apple"
Greetings
IMG_3202TS.jpg
IR battle without apple IMG_3202TS.jpg
Views: 890

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
Re: IR battle without apple
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 09:11:29 PM »
Hi Kees, that's a very ambitious project! You clearly are comfortable with electronics, hacking and modding, and I always like to hear about unique projects like yours. You basically built your own ESC from scratch so that is impressive.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline KeesK

• View Profile
  • Nehterlands
Re: IR battle without apple
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 03:58:24 AM »
Hallo Luke
Thank you for your reaction.
I have some basic knowledge and there are hugh amount of information available on internet.
The best part is the OP TCB you developed it gives a lot of flexibility to use all kinds of solutions and still be flexibel to reconfigurate so you can use them, thanks
Kees

bomber-explosion