Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Offline johnnyvd

• View Profile
  • Netherlands
Using the Openpanzer TCB for LCM-3 Landing Craft
« on: September 04, 2018, 03:40:50 AM »
So, not a real project at the time (yet), just some people that started asking about the possibilities to use the TCB for this new Torro Landing Craft.

I made two people happy with this new piece from Torro, but the functions of the LCM are quite limited. No lights, sound and smoke. It does have the big hatch on the front that can move up and down...

So, does anyone have good ideas about sounds, lights, smoke other funclionalities? I would really like to hear what you think!
rc-landing-craft-lcm3_2.jpg
Using the Openpanzer TCB for LCM-3 Landing Craft rc-landing-craft-lcm3_2.jpg
Views: 1141
* E-75 / E-100 PAK44 "monster" - in progress
* Sturmjagdtiger PAK44 - in progress
* pz.kpfw KV-2 754(r) - in progress
* T-34 88mm "Kurland Tiger" - in progress

Offline jhamm

• It´s a hobby no profession!
    • View Profile
  • Germany
Re: Using the Openpanzer TCB for LCM-3 Landing Craft
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2018, 12:03:24 AM »
Hi,
i don´t know about the Motor, possible it´s a low rev Diesel.
Functionality there is a lot possible:
Ramp up/down
the two cal. 50 left/right  up/down
Lights
the Crew:
- steering
- two at the Cal. 50
- one in the Front at the ramp....

Offline johnnyvd

• View Profile
  • Netherlands
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2018, 10:47:21 AM »
That are some great ideas to start with!. Does anybody know if and what type of lights the LCM had? Can't find much about it..

At least i know now that the LCM used 2 Detroit Diesels..

This is a smaller LCM with only one diesel:
* E-75 / E-100 PAK44 "monster" - in progress
* Sturmjagdtiger PAK44 - in progress
* pz.kpfw KV-2 754(r) - in progress
* T-34 88mm "Kurland Tiger" - in progress

Offline XRAD

• View Profile
  • Ohio, USA
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 10:42:41 AM »
the OPTCB works great with the Benedini mini sound board for tank engine sounds (for throttle up/down), and for lights, and MG sounds, and many other sounds.  http://www.benedini.de/html/sound.html 

However, I have not listened to all Benedini sound files (http://www.benedini.de/html/demo.html#Sounds)  for boats (he has some boat sounds). He probably has 50 cal sounds since he has the Sherman.   You can email Benedini for more info. He is quick to respond.  You can also add you own sounds to Benedini mini and trigger them with the OPTCB

Remember to read this:
http://openpanzer.org/wiki/doku.php?id=wiki:tcb:tcbinstall:rx

Using the OPTCB for twin engine boat would be a cool project since you can mix power to the motors if you wanted on one stick (2 channel, for RIGHT F/R and LEFT F/R), or just run them on a single channel for F and R.  You can assign the other stick to rudder.

The OPTCB allows you to control many channels for anything such as rotating and elevation of guns, ramp control, break-out boards, shields, etc.  The OPTCB is VERY flexible for all different set-ups AND the OPConfig is easy to use (real reason I bought one).  No point in having a great control board if you can't easily change something.  For example, you could assign 2 of the pots on the RadioLink AT10II to control 50 cal rotation and elevation, and use the MG to fire on a momentary switch (top right on the RadioLink), and the sticks for motors and rudders.

I am using the RadioLink 12 channel AT10II  sbus system. works without issue with the OPTCB. Download the OPTCB configurator and play around with it to get an idea of what you can do.

bomber-explosion