Registration Notice

Due to increased spam, forum registration must be manually approved by a moderator! Please see this post for instructions.

Offline Tomhugill

• View Profile
  • Manchester
Movement issue
« on: August 02, 2018, 11:30:51 AM »
Hey guys,

I've got my e90 setup with two hobbyking x car esc. All had run perfectly for a while.

I went to run it today and have found an issue, with won't go forward or back initially. It will spin or pivot left and right and if you move from pivoting back to forward or back you can get it running properly, but it won't just go straight forward or back. I've not changed anything in the setup, I've tried a different ppm converter and esc. All channels working fine.
Is there something I'm missing? Any ideas?

Offline Tomhugill

• View Profile
  • Manchester
Re: Movement issue
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 12:22:54 PM »
So I forgot to add, when I throttle forward or back the engine stays at idle. However if I trim to one side I get spin on way, and forward and reverse again. However it will only pivot the other direction.

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 03:45:26 PM »
You need to do some troubleshooting using the tools provided in order to narrow down the issue. There is no way to solve what will be a very specific issue with a vague description. There are LEDs on the board and for more detail you can open a Snoop connection while you manipulate the controls.

The first process of elimination is to decide whether the TCB is doing what you tell it to do (which would imply the issue could be with your ESCs), or if the TCB is not even getting the correct commands (implying the issue could be with your radio or radio setup).

Off the top of my head, things to check include:
  • ESCs are set to crawler mode (solid LED)
  • Do you have very high levels of acceleration constraint applied? This will cause moving forward and back to be very slow initially, which could appear as if the model is not responding when in fact it is just going to take time.
  • PWM-to-PPM converters - these are really not recommended and I don't think I mention them anywhere in the Wiki. First of all, using a PWM receiver defeats the entire purpose of the TCB which is to accommodate a high number of channels on a single input line. Secondly, they are prone to all kinds of interference and random problems that are impossible to troubleshoot - please read this very recent thread with this exact same issue.
Do some more troubleshooting. Eliminate the things that it is not, and you will be left which a smaller list of things it might be, then we can resolve it. I'm certain in the end it is going to be something very simple, but you have to do the detective work yourself.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

Offline Tomhugill

• View Profile
  • Manchester
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 12:29:13 AM »
Answer was indeed stupidly simple. I'd recalibrated my tx as it was showing the right stick wasn't centred. Would seem recalibration to centre hadn't matched the centre point the tcb had. Checked the lights as you said and as an interim solution set an offset on that channel. I'll recalibrate on the tcb when I can plug into a laptop.

Offline LukeZ

• View Profile
  • France
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 03:02:11 PM »
Glad to hear it, it usually is something simple.
NO SUPPORT THROUGH PM - Read why
Need a forum account? Read here
Open Panzer FAQs

bomber-explosion